The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Old lenses on new Leicas

Godfrey

Winter Trees in Fog

It was a lovely, foggy morning yesterday. I took the opportunity to stop at Guadalupe River Park on the way to work and shoot a few scenes with the M9 fitted with a 1960 Hektor 135mm f/4.5 lens. Here's one:

Leica M9 + Hektor 135mm f/4.5
ISO 1000 @ f/6.7 @ 1/500 second

The old Hektor has a lovely, low contrast feel in this light, don't you think?

Thanks for looking. Comments are always appreciated. :)

G

kchong

Canon S-Mount 28mm F2.8 on the M8. It's a cracking lens stopped down, as seen below but rather soft wide open... I loved how compact and light it was, especially compared to my ZM28 but I sold it after a couple of months.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
I found a vintage Orion adapter on eBay - it adapts Contax/Nikon rangefinder lenses to Leica screw mount. It obviously includes a helicoid. I also found an uncoated 1933 5cm. Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar f2.0 and a Nikkor 5cm f1.4 from the 1950s. The Sonnar is the surprise. Dreamy at f2.0 (almost like a softar) but actually remarkable corner to corner resolution by f5.6 or so. Contrast is quite low but that's easy to work with in post. So far I've shot mainly familiarization stuff - here's a sample at f8.0. A bunch of veiling flair but that's the look. The focus is off a couple of inches at close focus so it's not much use for portraits. Here used on my MM.

V

Vivek

I suppose Cam's sample shots with a 21 Superangulon have to wait. :p

Here is a test shot with an early sample (silver) of Russar 20/5.6. A crappy looking sample with fantastic glass and results.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Leica MM, Russar 20/5.6, f/11, 1/45s, Orange filter

kuujinbo

First Leica (M-E)...or rangefinder for that matter. Had the camera about a month.

Nikkor-P.C 85mm f2 LTM

Canon 100mm f2.0 LTM

JPL

Among the older lenses I use every now and then I particularly like the Canon 50 1.2

The Summitar 50 2.0 (uncoated)

Best on the MM... :)

all the best

JPH