The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

m8 firmware 2.002

jaapv

Subscriber Member
No real difference to 2.0:thumbup:, but it seems some minor bugs are fixed. I couldn't try out the lens detection for the Summilux 21:shocked::ROTFL:

John Black

Loaded it up, seems fine. On my M8, if the shutter button was pressed when the camera was off, the red light would light up for a second or two. Curiously that's how it came back from NJ after they replaced the power board(s). Seemed odd. With the new 2.002 firmware, now that's fixed.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I seem to have a problem with 2.002 which I have not experienced before. With both my M8 and my M8.2 body I find that perhaps 1 in 3-4 attempts to open the shutter in sensor cleaning mode fails, with the camera needing a battery removal to un-wedge.
The good news is that it is the only issue I have seen so far.
-bob

Knorp

I seem to have a problem with 2.002 which I have not experienced before. With both my M8 and my M8.2 body I find that perhaps 1 in 3-4 attempts to open the shutter in sensor cleaning mode fails, with the camera needing a battery removal to un-wedge.
The good news is that it is the only issue I have seen so far.
-bob
Hi Bob, I'm sorry to hear from this problem. Not sure if this is of any relief or help but I have this issue from day one (v1.06) and it occurs most of the time right after power-on and "Sensor cleaning" being the first action. So let's say you make a picture first then do the cleaning most of time it will work flawlessly. It seems the camera is not properly initialized after power-on. :confused:

Kind regards.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I will give that a try. Others have also reported that this is a long-standing problem, but it is the first that I have experienced it.
-bob