The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

It's Official - Leica M Page and Brochure

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
following mark williams path, i am getting a cataract removed from my shooting eye just in time ;)
Jim

Be sure to get the new lens when you have the operation and you will have better than 20/20 . Not everyone knows about them . I have two friends that have had the operation and they both can use a RF again.

Roger

V

Vivek

Jim

Be sure to get the new lens when you have the operation and you will have better than 20/20 . Not everyone knows about them . I have two friends that have had the operation and they both can use a RF again.

Roger
+1 Worth looking into.

Also, please make sure you understand the risks associated with them. Each body is unique.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
This will be fun to debate once the M is actually out in the hands of experienced RF users . I ve handled the new M at Pro Photo and its very easy to understand . The EVF is the same as on the X1/X2 and I believe Olympus . Using it with Leica M glass is like using a Nex with an adapter .

Focus peaking has real benefits especially with fast lenses in low light . Its not so good with wide angles. When you magnify the view you get major camera shake issue (viewing) ...I can t imagine shooting much with a magnified view and longer lenses .

Most of the R glass doesn t balance well . Just because you can attach it doesn t mean it s a great working kit.

But probably the most important factor is you ability to master two very different focusing methods . Personally I can t imagine using an M primarily as an EVF solution . Why? As an exception ...its a benefit but if you expect to develop any rhythm in focusing ..you can t be switching back and forth frequently .

I am sure this will get plenty of disagreement . A RF system requires hand eye coordination that can only be developed thru plenty of experience/practice .

jlm

Workshop Member
Roger:

i am getting the Torit lens, which also corrects for astigmatism to a great extent. besides that, flare has been the biggest bugaboo. I might as well have a patch over my right eye as far as reading anything backlit, like a computer or I-pad screen or night driving

algrove

And super-wides?
Oh yes, can't wait to break out my 15/2.8

@DN-Just so you know this brochure was handed out at Photokina. It looks like it has not changed. At least now it in on the website for all to see.

Last edited:

algrove

Roger:

i am getting the Torit lens, which also corrects for astigmatism to a great extent. besides that, flare has been the biggest bugaboo. I might as well have a patch over my right eye as far as reading anything backlit, like a computer or I-pad screen or night driving
Do you mean Toric, as in cataract replacement lens?