The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Would this be good for...

StephenPatterson

Patina? I suspect the only thing these snow bunny M9 kits will see is a healthy dose of shrink wrap.

As for "thinking this would be good for street photos in Antarctica" I think this is an excellent way to separate oneself from 36K Euro. ;)

I will admit that the Noctilux looks amazing in silver chrome, and if it was the same price would be my choice, but I am very happy with my lighter (and considerably less expensive) black version.

D&A

I will admit that the Noctilux looks amazing in silver chrome, and if it was the same price would be my choice, but I am very happy with my lighter (and considerably less expensive) black version.
Stephen, I'm not so sure you'd feel this way if some hungry Polar bear came streaking across the frozen tundra and caught a glimpse of you, simply due to your Black" color Leica lenses and M9 body standing out in contrast to the all white surroundings of the arctic. Bet then you'd wish you had splurged for the Chrome/silver version of each and every lens in your kit along with the all white M9! :ROTFL:

As for me, I'd drop everything and make a run for it! The heck with getting the shot...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

algrove

As for the Polar Bear, stand your ground!

If you can afford a high end kit like that then you can certainly afford a top notch guide with a big ole hunting rifle.

seakayaker

As far as the price goes. . . . .

. . . . . there are folks who have the same thoughts about someone who spends $7K on a camera along with another $5k for a 35 Lux (or other lens combo).

iiiNelson

As far as the price goes. . . . .

. . . . . there are folks who have the same thoughts about someone who spends $7K on a camera along with another $5k for a 35 Lux (or other lens combo).
Yeah the beauty of buying certain lenses used. I got my 90 Pre-AA for a really good price by Leica standards. It was about half the price of the Summarit in nearly new condition.

StephenPatterson

I can't see how any digital camera can be a collector item.
Which is exactly why in fifty years they will be collectors items, especially the NOS or mint variety.

But I'm not a collector or Leica speculator, just a happy user, so time to go out and add a few more nicks and scratches.

ced

It doesn't even have diamond studs and gold trim anywhere, really not worth it, and it would be too easily displaced somewhere in the polar region and difficult to find.