The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Full Rez M9 and M240 Jpeg & Raw files now posted! (on 1-27-13)

D&A

I'm sure some have already seen this...but for those that haven't...just posted today 1-27-13 (or late yesterday).

Here is a link to an article containing both M9 and M240 full rez Jpeg and Raw files. Interesting comparisons. I'll reserve judgement for now. :)

First Full Resolution Leica M (Type 240) JPEG and RAW Sample Images — Is the Alleged CCD Advantage Nothing But an Urban Myth? | THEME

Dave (D&A)

****(I have asked the moderators to delete this thread as the link I provided has already been posted within a different thread here on Getdpi).

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

bab

I see from the image of the waitress that her left sleeve has focus and the towel on the counter is in focus( a very narrow slice of focus), if the DOC was trying to focus on her face his lens or camera is front focusing...I would love to know if the focus issues with the M's are still an issue(also were the intended point of focus was).

As for the image it doesn't look like an eye popping revolutionary new Leica M image. Also I noticed some purple fringing. I wonder if the future reviews of the M240's will disclose the same "rangefinder focus issues" between the camera and different lenses.

Some days are like that!

iiiNelson

Looks like the same shots with either updated firmware or a little PP. Either a definite improvement in the results of the images over the first iteration even if they are mundane subjects. This gives me a little more hope but I'm still worried about how close they can get to the "CCD look" which was one of the signatures of the digital M.

tele_player

For mechanically coupled rangefinder focusing to work correctly with interchangeable lenses, the lenses and camera must be calibrated within very tight tolerances - especially on digital. How could this be any different on the M240?

-Robert

I wonder if the future reviews of the M240's will disclose the same "rangefinder focus issues" between the camera and different lenses.