Site Sponsors

Thread: M240 ...?

Post Thanks / Like

M240 ...?

My age brings some problems for using my M9: not so good eye sight and kind of shaky hands.
    I studied in detail the photos I took last year and noticed that far too many are not really sharp.
    This is, I think, more a consequence of not precise focussing than of shaky hands.

I did invest in a Walter eyepiece to improve focussing accuracy, but the Walter did not really improve much.

Since this lack of sharpness is also visible in many shots in higher shutter speeds I strongly doubt that my unstable hands did cause the problem?

I now would like to find out whether it is realistic to expect that precise focussing the new M will be easier than my M9?
    If I can convince myself that this is the case I will order the new M.
    If not, I might buy the Sony RX1 which is not only an impressing camera but for me more importantly very easy in focusing precisely.
    Since a large part of my last year's shots were in 35mm, dealing with the fixed 35mm lens of the RX1 would not be a too limiting factor.

However this would be a step back out of the Leica world!
    Harry

P.S. I posted this also on another Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: M240 ...?

Are you really sure, that it is your sight and not a decalibrated rangefinder or lens? With a magnifier you should not have a problem with lenses up to 50mm, even wide open. Get other people sharp images with your camera and lens?

I collected here

https://sites.google.com/site/wosims...chnical-issues

some information under "Back / front focus" and "Entfernungsmesser / Rangefinder", which could be helpful identifying the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wosim View Post
    Are you really sure, that it is your sight and not a decalibrated rangefinder or lens? With a magnifier you should not have a problem with lenses up to 50mm, even wide open. Get other people sharp images with your camera and lens?

I collected here

some information under "Back / front focus" and "Entfernungsmesser / Rangefinder", which could be helpful identifying the problem.
    I am also a sufferer from eyesight that prevents use of a rangefinder.
    A combination of cataracts and astigmatism makes focus almost impossible.
    In the coming year I plan to have the surgery to have my lenses replaced and hopefully at that point I will be able to use rangefinders once more.
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wosim View Post

I collected here

Thank you for info.
    It really is my eye sight. My wife can do much better than I can, and she doesn't even like my rangefinder camera!
    Harry

Post Thanks / Like

If I would have an issue with my sight and problem focusing my Leica, I would sell it and get in to Fuji X system the same day... They call it "digital Contax G2", don't they?

For the money left behind, I would take my wife for a nice holiday...