Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

    I see Adobe LR 4.4 and ACR 7.4 release candidates include M profiles. Don't they require a final or near-final camera body in order to create the profile?

    Of course they want feedback before finalizing the releases. Does that mean we will become Beta testers or are those who are currently using the M are the only Beta testers?

  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by algrove View Post
    I see Adobe LR 4.4 and ACR 7.4 release candidates include M profiles. Don't they require a final or near-final camera body in order to create the profile?

    Of course they want feedback before finalizing the releases. Does that mean we will become Beta testers or are those who are currently using the M are the only Beta testers?
    Anyone using a Release Candidate is a beta tester.

    G

  3. #3
    Member wstam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

    I got a call from a Leica shop this afternoon, telling me the new M will be available tomorrow from the shop. I was puzzled and asked her what does that mean. She said I can go down to try the camera and limited stocks are available for sale.

    No, I am not getting it, not so soon. I am just surprise to hear that, especially reading about the delay till Apr.

    Well, if you happen to be traveling to Singapore tomorrow, you can try your luck

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

    wstam

    Is what is interesting from your post is that the M's that they are receiving have not been spoken for as yet. Or did I misread your post?

    Regarding my first question above-does not this mean that in order to create a release candidate they (Adobe) have a near final or final M in house?

  5. #5
    Senior Member edwardkaraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,470
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

    Al, Leica Thailand didn't take pre-orders neither. They know they will sell each and every piece, so it will be on first come first served basis.
    M262 ZM 25/2.8 35/1.4 50/2 85/2

  6. #6
    Member wstam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by algrove View Post
    wstam

    Is what is interesting from your post is that the M's that they are receiving have not been spoken for as yet. Or did I misread your post?
    Sorry, I don't fully understand your statement.

    The call I received is from the official Leica shop in Singapore. I was actually very surprise with the call. I asked her if she was talking about the new M. She said yes, the M240 I did ask her how many are available for sale tomorrow. She said she doesn't know the number (or may be she refused to tell).

  7. #7
    Not Available
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

    Seems at least one UK dealer (Stephens in Manchester) will be getting a demo unit for this weekend (March 1/2) onwards as well. None to buy, however.
    Last edited by Double Negative; 26th February 2013 at 13:53. Reason: Clarification/update

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by wstam View Post
    Sorry, I don't fully understand your statement.

    The call I received is from the official Leica shop in Singapore. I was actually very surprise with the call. I asked her if she was talking about the new M. She said yes, the M240 I did ask her how many are available for sale tomorrow. She said she doesn't know the number (or may be she refused to tell).
    I did not know that Leica Singapore did not take pre-orders. Just like the Washington, DC store in the US at the time the M was announced.

    She refused to tell since the day of shipment to them they get an invoice with exactly what is coming in the shipment.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Negative View Post
    Seems at least one UK dealer (Stephens in Manchester) will be getting a demo unit for this weekend (March 1/2) onwards as well. None to buy, however.
    It will be interesting to hear if the SD card doors are also glued shut or if these are true demos (which can be sold later).

  10. #10
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by algrove View Post
    It will be interesting to hear if the SD card doors are also glued shut or if these are true demos (which can be sold later).
    I'm sure you'll be able to take away samples - in the UK you must bring your own SD card and lens.

    Just this guy you know

  11. #11
    Not Available
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    I'm sure you'll be able to take away samples - in the UK you must bring your own SD card and lens.
    Yep. So that begs the next question... Is the camera (firmware) now done? Surely there's going to be a flood of "look what I shot in the store" photos hitting the web this weekend.

  12. #12
    Member wstam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

    I talked to the shop this morning at about 10am. Three sets were sold, left 1 set. They were only sold in set: the M body, 28mm, 50mm and 75mm or 90mm lenses (all cron). There are two other official Leica shops in Singapore. I am sure they must have sold some sets too. I believe there should be other shops selling elsewhere, can't be just Singapore.

    So it's finally here. There are new M users out there now. Hope to hear from them soon.

    Cheers.

  13. #13
    Member wstam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Do Adobe release candidates with M profile means M release eminent?

    Correction, one can buy with just 1 lens too. And the buyers can only collect the set tomorrow, Feb 28, which is the official launch date. So Leica has kept their launch date promise.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •