The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

YES!

ashwinrao1

I guess it could be heavy shoulders for me. Possible comparisons:

M versus M9 obviously

M versus MM obviously

M versus RX-1-it comes next week too.

M versus 5D3

M versus P45+ V mount

Oh my gosh, will I have any time to just out and shoot?
Wow, Lou, I can't wait to see those comparisons and those observations.... Enjoy the new toy, and if you report too positively on that new M, my funds may go away too LOL :ROTFL:... gosh, I do want to try the SA on the MM, but it's a beautiful and rightfully pricey lens...

D&A

Lou,

I'm always down at the Leica store in D.C. I tried to tell them that Lou wanted me to open his M box and test it out for a few weeks before they ship it out to him (you)...but they weren't having any of that. I should have just grabbed the box and made a run for the Metro. On second thought, it's a good thing I didn't...otherwise I doubt I'd be shooting with any M body for decades to come...LOL!

P.S. Lou, I can add about 20 other cameras to add to that comparison list. I do expect all results to be turned in within 24 hrs of receiving you "M" :)

Dave (D&A)

algrove

Lou,

I'm always down at the Leica store in D.C. I tried to tell them that Lou wanted me to open his M box and test it out for a few weeks before they ship it out to him (you)...but they weren't having any of that. I should have just grabbed the box and made a run for the Metro. On second thought, it's a good thing I didn't...otherwise I doubt I'd be shooting with any M body for decades to come...LOL!

P.S. Lou, I can add about 20 other cameras to add to that comparison list. I do expect all results to be turned in within 24 hrs of receiving you "M" :)

Dave (D&A)
Hey Dave-Give me a break. The Winter days are short! I hate to have to do all those comparisons in darkness. Some cameras will have a noise reduction of more time than minutes in the day or night.

If I remember isn't the Metro a long jog from the store? You need to have a getaway car ready to at least get you to the Metro.

algrove

Wait, what? Tomorrow is May???

:)
The first 2 letters are correct (Ma), but as we know that's only part of the equation and tomorrow is 5 letters long instead of 3 which means the wait is now shorter. I better stop before I get confused.

TLiu

I guess it could be heavy shoulders for me. Possible comparisons:

M versus M9 obviously

M versus MM obviously

M versus RX-1-it comes next week too.

M versus 5D3

M versus P45+ V mount

Oh my gosh, will I have any time to just out and shoot?
M240 vs RX1 would be interesting considering both are 24 mp.

D&A

Hey Dave-Give me a break. The Winter days are short! I hate to have to do all those comparisons in darkness. Some cameras will have a noise reduction of more time than minutes in the day or night.

If I remember isn't the Metro a long jog from the store? You need to have a getaway car ready to at least get you to the Metro.
Lou, Ok, you do deserve a break. How about you drive the getaway car? Oh wait, thats your camera I'm trying to make a run for. Guess time for another plan...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

algrove

Thanks for the info. Wish you are using next-day shipping. :) Looking forward to pictures from you!
OK. I have changed my mind. It should be here tomorrow sometime. Sunset is a must and hope I can get some warm afternoon sunlight too.

Which lens should I use first? I am dying to try some R glass!

TLiu

OK. I have changed my mind. It should be here tomorrow sometime. Sunset is a must and hope I can get some warm afternoon sunlight too.

Which lens should I use first? I am dying to try some R glass!
great decision :)

I would say
35 summilux asph fle
50 summilux asph

chako

Test M 240 nr 1 200 iso nr 2 3200 iso nr 3 800 iso nr 3 320 iso.....Tomorow mor....Streetlife ...regards.Chako

animefx

Does nr mean noise reduction? I'm guessing these are just in camera JPGs? Also I can't tell which one is considered the iso 3200 photo? The top right?

Thanks, and let us know what your impressions are.

Test M 240 nr 1 200 iso nr 2 3200 iso nr 3 800 iso nr 3 320 iso.....Tomorow mor....Streetlife ...regards.Chako