The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

YES!

wstam

Hi Lou (I see that how people address you), how do find the effectiveness of the rear bump thumb rest?

I was at Leica shop this afternoon and played with the new M for a short while. Didn't find the built in thumb rest provide a good grip to the body, especially now the new M is heavier. May be it's because I am too used to the "thumbie" (alternative to thumbsup) on my M9.

Thanks and have fun.

algrove

I don't know - but I suspect it might have been easier to let the punter do it than unpack all those boxes?

Has it arrived yet?
all the best
Jono
A bit of a muck up :eek: at the Leica Store.:thumbdown: They could not get Saturday delivery :facesmack: accepted by the UPS in-store computer :banghead: so...Tuesday :facesmack: (I hope:)). Had my local UPS store try to send a label :thumbup: he could generate for them :lecture: to just stick on the box :grin:, but their UPS pick up driver came early yesterday.:cussing:

So isn't it awful that I am going to have to "just" use my MM :thumbs: this weekend accentuated by the occasional M9 shots.:D

On to next week for the M :D :) :clap: :chug: :thumbs:. What's another few days as it's still "early 2013".:thumbup:

monza

I do believe that sets the record for emoticon usage. Has anyone ever tried to read the email notifications of such messages (grin banghead cussing) :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I think I'll charge you guys .25 cents per emoticon and in no time ill have enough money to get the new Leica . Damn not a bad idea. LOL

algrove

I do believe that sets the record for emoticon usage. Has anyone ever tried to read the email notifications of such messages (grin banghead cussing) :)
I couldn't resist since no matter what we tried it just was not mean't to be. :banghead: and :angry: and also :facesmack: with a little :eek: :confused: :( thrown in.

On to shooting so I can relax. :grin:

Double Negative

Not Available
LOL. Awesome post, Lou. :p

Though that really sucks about the delivery. Those moments leading up to actually having it in-hand can be a bitch. Should've seen me trying to get a hold of my Noctilux which was stuck in customs. LOL. Before long you'll be all like, "what's the big deal?" Savor the moment!

algrove

LOL. Awesome post, Lou. :p

Though that really sucks about the delivery. Those moments leading up to actually having it in-hand can be a bitch. Should've seen me trying to get a hold of my Noctilux which was stuck in customs. LOL. Before long you'll be all like, "what's the big deal?" Savor the moment!
How right you are. It's like :deadhorse:.

algrove

That Huff video is the closest I am going to get an M this weekend:scry:.

Did you see his cat shot with the M. Wow, that his sensationally sharp.:grin::clap::thumbs::p

jonoslack

So isn't it awful that I am going to have to "just" use my MM :thumbs: this weekend accentuated by the occasional M9 shots.:D

On to next week for the M :D :) :clap: :chug: :thumbs:. What's another few days as it's still "early 2013".:thumbup:
:ROTFL:
Well, I'd like to say that I'm in a similar position . . . . waiting for it to arrive, but without any ability to check up when. There is added tension as I've also ordered a 35 'cron for Silas (to go with his lovely M6) , and he only asks me about 10 times a day whether it's arrived or not.

I don't even know what colour it's going to be - . . . . . and we're off to China in 10 days :wtf::eek:

6x7

I think I'll charge you guys .25 cents per emoticon and in no time ill have enough money to get the new Leica . Damn not a bad idea. LOL
YES Guy, charge us… don't be too shy with your proposal.. :)
why don't we all transfer guy/jack or the crew a dollar or five per item we sell on the forum ? or just for fun to see what happens. voluntarily..

don't intend to hijack this thread, but how about launching project: "GET GUY A NEW EMM" :))

(or what ever he's lusting for at the moment…)

I'm curious if this could work…

paul

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
How do skin tones look?
On the web I haven't seen anything yet that looks good to me but that could also be processing.
-bob

V

Vivek

How do skin tones look?
On the web I haven't seen anything yet that looks good to me but that could also be processing.
-bob
In my eyes , NEX-6 can do this and perhaps better. In otherwords, absolutely nothing special about this Leica look.

algrove

Thanks Chako.

The lady's face in the top left shot has a bit of redness to it, but it could be the lighting, her embarrassment, her makeup, the cold weather, the processing (if any) or just the camera. This would be interesting to know Chako if any post processing was done OR did you set anything in the Menu which might affect the jpeg output.

Perhaps setting the jpeg saturation to a minus level instead of "standard" might help jpegs come out with less of a redness look. Or was this a conversion of a DNG file?

edwardkaraa

IMO, not bad for OOC unprocessed files. However, I still don't see the richness and depth of OOC M9 files. To me they look too digital, whatever that means.

MCTuomey

IMO, not bad for OOC unprocessed files. However, I still don't see the richness and depth of OOC M9 files. To me they look too digital, whatever that means.
Yes, what does "too digital" mean? I wonder myself. I never find myself saying "too filmic."

Anyway, the risk is that the harder I look, the more likely I will see exactly what I want to see and not what's there. :D

edwardkaraa

Yes, what does "too digital" mean? I wonder myself. I never find myself saying "too filmic."

Anyway, the risk is that the harder I look, the more likely I will see exactly what I want to see and not what's there. :D
Point taken! To be fair, I really like the high iso shots. It's the low iso ones that I'm not very keen on.