The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

YES!

algrove

The store was the Leica Store, Washington, DC. I ordered with the Store Manager in the Leica Booth at Photokina on 18 September 10H00 or 10am. He would not accept any orders prior to that date. Since I was 6 hours ahead of US customers, I must assume I am 1 or 2 on his M list, although he won't say.

Thanks guys. I do have my Novoflex M to R adapter and you can bet it will get some serious use next week.

BANKER1

He will not tell me where I am on that list either, but I am definitely not as high as you. I went to the store in DC in person and ordered it October 7th or 8th.

Greg

algrove

He will not tell me where I am on that list either, but I am definitely not as high as you. I went to the store in DC in person and ordered it October 7th or 8th.

Greg
Gosh, Greg, you could be 50 to 100 after "waiting" that long.

BANKER1

Yes, I know (probably some sarcasm in your comment there???), but after hearing all the talk about being beta testers for Leica, I'm not all that unhappy about getting one a few months later. For your sake, I hope they get it right from the beginning, and there is no reason they shouldn't. That is, if they learned anything about the introduction of the M8 and M9. I got one of the first H4D60s shipped, and it has worked flawlessly ever since.

Greg

algrove

I saw that and assumed the guy was so excited he forgot the microphone or it's a language barrier thing. Nice looking box and drawer. The charger footprint looks ever so large.

algrove

Yes, I know (probably some sarcasm in your comment there???), but after hearing all the talk about being beta testers for Leica, I'm not all that unhappy about getting one a few months later. For your sake, I hope they get it right from the beginning, and there is no reason they shouldn't. That is, if they learned anything about the introduction of the M8 and M9. I got one of the first H4D60s shipped, and it has worked flawlessly ever since.

Greg
Just kidding around with you. Sorry if it came out wrong.

TLiu

The store was the Leica Store, Washington, DC. I ordered with the Store Manager in the Leica Booth at Photokina on 18 September 10H00 or 10am. He would not accept any orders prior to that date. Since I was 6 hours ahead of US customers, I must assume I am 1 or 2 on his M list, although he won't say.

Thanks guys. I do have my Novoflex M to R adapter and you can bet it will get some serious use next week.
Thanks for the info. Wish you are using next-day shipping. :) Looking forward to pictures from you!

algrove

Thanks for the info. Wish you are using next-day shipping. :) Looking forward to pictures from you!
I guess I should have and maybe still can, but now I am tapped out, so free ground shipping sounds pretty good. Just joking.

Double Negative

Not Available
So are you saying that is your M? If so, great!
I wish I could; I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer still. I would hope I'm somewhat high on the list as I talked to them about it last year during Photokina.

Congrats on yours though! That's awesome. We expect a full report. :)

algrove

I guess it could be heavy shoulders for me. Possible comparisons:

M versus M9 obviously

M versus MM obviously

M versus RX-1-it comes next week too.

M versus 5D3

M versus P45+ V mount

Oh my gosh, will I have any time to just out and shoot?