The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ND Filter on Summilux 50 v3

Moonshine

I just bought a 50mm Summilux pre asph E46 and will use it on a M9. My question is, if i want to shoot it wide open on a bright sunny day (of which there are plenty here in Texas!) which filter do you recommend?

I looked online and B&H has the B+W 0.6 and 0.9 but I wasn't sure which to get out of the 2. Is there some other filter brand that I should consider?

Also with this lens does the pull out hood work ok with a ND filter on it?

Again, thanks in advance :)

Duane Pandorf

I just bought a 50mm Summilux pre asph E46 and will use it on a M9. My question is, if i want to shoot it wide open on a bright sunny day (of which there are plenty here in Texas!) which filter do you recommend?

I looked online and B&H has the B+W 0.6 and 0.9 but I wasn't sure which to get out of the 2. Is there some other filter brand that I should consider?

Also with this lens does the pull out hood work ok with a ND filter on it?

Again, thanks in advance :)
I have the same lens and use a 3 stop ND filter. I've linked two different versions listed at B&H that will work. I bought the less expensive Hoya HMC NDx8.

Or you can pay a little more for the 3 stop B+W 46mm 0.9 ND 103 Filter.