The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best 50mm pairing with the 28cron asph ?

jubbaa

No need to answer as I went with the lux in the end. Now my pair are both ASPH I think that it's a very good match and the extra speed over the Cron will come in handy.

Thanks for all your help.

James .

P.S. I am done buying for the year now , that is unless something else catches my eye , haha

Stuart Richardson

You made a great choice -- the 50mm 1.4 ASPH would still be my pick as the best Leica 50mm, regardless of price. In my opinion, the combination of speed, size and performance are still the best combination. Perhaps when they produce a 40mp M the ASPH summicron will make more sense, but as it stands now, the 50/1.4 is hard to ignore. I do have to admit, however, that there is very little difference between the latest non-ASPH 50/2 and the 50/1.4 other than the stop. In terms of the money, a late 50/2 non-asph is still the best value in a Leica lens.

algrove

No need to answer as I went with the lux in the end. Now my pair are both ASPH I think that it's a very good match and the extra speed over the Cron will come in handy.

Thanks for all your help.

James .

P.S. I am done buying for the year now , that is unless something else catches my eye , haha
Wait, we are not yet one fourth of the way through the year. I am sure you will build up gas way before 2014. Now get to work, get that promotion and then come on back for more.

If you had no fast lens, i.e., 1.4 or faster, then that is a good decision. A good PPer can make any lenses fit his/her personal style and that's what it's all about-personal style.

Last edited: