The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Faces From China

jonoslack

Jono,

Welcome back and thanks for posting the photos. My favourites have to be 21 - very well seen, and 53 - great use of light.

Enjoy the new puppy - what breed?
HI There
I hope you're well - glad you liked 21 - as you can imagine, it was as much luk as anything - I thought it was funny anyway :)

The dog is another Pyrenean sheepdog - she's a darling (eight weeks yesterday), two nights in with no crying as well, she seems to be rather calm and sussed out.

all the best

jonoslack

Hi Jono, welcome back and I hope you're well.

I put a deposit down on the new M today. I'm no. 3 I think on the list but I'm in no hurry...have the M9 to sell first.

So tell us....now that you have a few months of the M under your belt, what do you really think of it?

All the best..

Mike
Hi There Mike
Congratulations! Incidentally, all those deer shots which aren't cropped . . . how do you get so close? are you really a tree? I can't get within 100 metres of the ones around us!

The M? well, I still think of it as two cameras:
A capable and useful (although not perfect) full frame mirrorless camera on the one hand. Quite suitable for a leisurely pace of work with landscape/nature/macro.
On the other hand a rangefinder camera which really is as near to perfect as you can get - sure, it'd be nice if it was M6 sized, but that really is my only gripe. I like it better the more I use it, it seems to answer all the questions the M9 raised.

All the best

jonoslack

:OT: that teaser on your website drives me crazy, but I'll be a good boy and be patiently waiting for it's release ... :watch:
Hi Bart
I'm really sorry - it's not a teaser - it's a cockup! Of course, there will be more shots, but probably not until the weekend now.

all the best

jonoslack

I've just fought the same battle and, like yourself, decided to stay with the small sized and light OMD, with my M9.
Yes, I'm certainly sighing a sigh of relief that I didn't succumb.

As for the new puppy, we at wuffstuff.com are looking forward to some additional business, and plenty of photographs. Dogs and photography are made for each other.
They certainly are made for each other. There are a couple of snaps on the fun with the OMD thread.

I guess this one might be considered as an 'unboxing' photograph - I've only taken a couple with the M, but there will be more (oh yes!).

Matty is the dark one snoozing innocently in the middle.