The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon FD lenses on an M8?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
It looks like from Steve Gandy's site one could with a couple of adapters get a Canon FD lens on an M8.

And why you might ask?

Well the fast wides in FD are a couple of hundred bucks used and even the 14mm 2.8 FD is less than a grand.

Any one ever tried an FD on an M body? Or should I go back to my left over new year's champagne and forget this madness?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Honestly the only thing that maybe of interest here is a tilt and shift other than that even the CV lenses will probably be much better. I would rather spend the money on a CV lens first that is new. Old lenses can have a lot of issues and the old FD lenses maybe loaded with flare, fungus and CA. i would just tread lightly on this area but they did make some good glass back than but Canon has NEVER made better glass than Leica.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I think I will take the stance of show me the money attitude towards it or in this case let's see the results first..