Site Sponsors

Thread: Canon FD lenses on an M8?

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Canon FD lenses on an M8?

It looks like from Steve Gandy's site one could with a couple of adapters get a Canon FD lens on an M8.

And why you might ask?

Well the fast wides in FD are a couple of hundred bucks used and even the 14mm 2.8 FD is less than a grand.

Any one ever tried an FD on an M body? Or should I go back to my left over new year's champagne and forget this madness?

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Canon FD lenses on an M8?

Honestly the only thing that maybe of interest here is a tilt and shift other than that even the CV lenses will probably be much better. I would rather spend the money on a CV lens first that is new. Old lenses can have a lot of issues and the old FD lenses maybe loaded with flare, fungus and CA. i would just tread lightly on this area but they did make some good glass back than but Canon has NEVER made better glass than Leica.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Canon FD lenses on an M8?

I think I will take the stance of show me the money attitude towards it or in this case let's see the results first..
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com