The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Presets in LR

ced

Anyone using presets out of the can in LR for B&W rendering of images from M8 or M9 & if you care to post some examples with the preset used please?

Last edited:

Duane Pandorf

Anyone using presets out of the can in LR for B&W rendering of images from M8 or M9 & if you care to post some examples with the preset used please?
I experimented with developing my own presets for LR to include one for low ISO and high ISO shots and a few others. But after buying and watching George Jardine's Lightroom workflow series I now start from scratch except for defaults I've setup for Camera Calibration and the profile setting in Lens Corrections modules.

Another strong vote for George Jardine´s videos from me. I´ve been using LR since the first public beta, but this material improved my workflow considerably.

As an aside: influenced by the new NIK pricing, I got the demo package and tried it out. Found I could do a better job within Lightroom now (that was not the case before following GJ:s course), and also could avoid the bloated extra TIFF files that NIK gave me.

algrove

Frankly I do not use the LR presets, but instead prefer SFX Pro preset 005 most of the time.:grin:

I was posting as Per also posted. It seems I must try the Jardine LR video. I have the Lula one with Reichmann and Schewe which is a very good learning experience for 20 hours at $60.

So how much costs the Jardine and how many hours, please?

All info here (as well as links to a couple of free sample videos).

I bought the LuLa LR3 package at the time; it was very good, but I find GJ:s course better structured.

ced

I found one I thought I liked and then when I looked closer in full detail it had placed horrible contours around the OOF details in the background and also ripping the image apart. Can't imagine anybody wanting to use such a preset and they have supplied so many...
Godfrey, rollin 'n smokin heh!

Hosermage

I like the "Creamtone" preset... I usually apply it first, then tweak the other adjustments, add some vignette, but sometimes it's great just by itself. Here's one from today: