Site Sponsors

Thread: Leica M (Typ 240) battery drain

Post Thanks / Like

Leica M (Typ 240) battery drain

I left my new M with the power switch "on" when the battery was approx 80% charged and after 6-8 hours I found the battery totally drained.
    The auto power off was set at 2 min as default and there was nothing around the camera which could touch the shutter button or any other button.
    By doing a quick search I have found a thread on LUF reporting similar cases but without any clear indication about the origin of the issue.
    To me it happened only once, so far, and I have not been able to replicate this issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leica M (Typ 240) battery drain

It is a known issue with some M bodies and SD card combinations. The auto power off sometimes doesn't work. You may want to try changing the SD card.
    M262 ZM 25/2.8 35/1.4 50/2 85/2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leica M (Typ 240) battery drain

Quote Originally Posted by edwardkaraa View Post
    It is a known issue with some M bodies and SD card combinations. The auto power off sometimes doesn't work. You may want to try changing the SD card.
    Even if if this possibility cannot be ruled out, I do not think we have enough data to conclude that the issue is related to the use of certain SD cards and not the camera FW.
    I have used myself only a Sandisk Extreme 16gb and I have not been able to replicate the issue after the first occurrence, but I have seen several other camera/card combinations, as reported in LUF, showing the same problem.