The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M (Typ 240) battery drain

I left my new M with the power switch "on" when the battery was approx 80% charged and after 6-8 hours I found the battery totally drained.
The auto power off was set at 2 min as default and there was nothing around the camera which could touch the shutter button or any other button.
By doing a quick search I have found a thread on LUF reporting similar cases but without any clear indication about the origin of the issue.
To me it happened only once, so far, and I have not been able to replicate this issue.

edwardkaraa

It is a known issue with some M bodies and SD card combinations. The auto power off sometimes doesn't work. You may want to try changing the SD card.

It is a known issue with some M bodies and SD card combinations. The auto power off sometimes doesn't work. You may want to try changing the SD card.
Even if if this possibility cannot be ruled out, I do not think we have enough data to conclude that the issue is related to the use of certain SD cards and not the camera FW.
I have used myself only a Sandisk Extreme 16gb and I have not been able to replicate the issue after the first occurrence, but I have seen several other camera/card combinations, as reported in LUF, showing the same problem.