The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Voigtlander 15mm 4.5 II ???

Hi all,
I am thinking about getting this lens for my M6 TTL.

Has anyone had experience with it? I'd like to know what you think of it on a full-frame camera.

I'm also curious to see any film photos taken with this lens, as it will be used for film!

Thanks,
Henry:confused:

Gary Clennan

It is a really great little lens and a super price. I am using mine on M240 and it is working out very well. If you are also considering using it on any digital M body, be prepared for massive color shift on the edges and corners. Yes, it can be corrected but it takes a bit of extra time to make things pleasing to the eye. I have not seen any samples from that lens on the M6 though....

V

Vivek

Hi all,
I am thinking about getting this lens for my M6 TTL.

Has anyone had experience with it? I'd like to know what you think of it on a full-frame camera.

I'm also curious to see any film photos taken with this lens, as it will be used for film!

Thanks,
Henry:confused:
I have shot quite a bit (old screw mount version- the new version is that same optically but is RF coupled and has limited range of focus but with a front filter thread) with the Bessa L (Cameraquest dumped them for $65, several years ago) on various films (none to show now). Fabulous lens on film. Sucks big time on digi cams, especially the color variety. I hope to try it again, soon on the MM.

V

Vivek

That was the hope Gary and I went ahead and fixed a 49mm filter thread on it (still need to do some final bits but it is almost done) and it is good not great but good. :)

I suppose it would be okay on a digital M body if you shot black and white raw files?
Also, any pics to upload that I could look at? All of the 15mm pics on flickriver for example are taken with the crop-sensor M8 which kind of defeats the purpose... >.<

Cheers

Last edited:

Gary Clennan

Here is one medicore pic from last week on the M240.... Flickr crunchified it a bit as well. I haven't actually taken very many shots with the lens and haven't fully put it through it's paces. I also had to use Cornerfix for the first time and didn't really get the results I was after. Anyway - here is a sample.

L1000121_CF1-Edit by Gary Clennan, on Flickr

V

Vivek

Gary, Is that version I or II? The color shift is very much there but it does not look too bad.

Gary Clennan

This would be VII Vivek. I also did not have it coded in camera which could have messed things up a bit. I will mention again that I used Cornerfix to get rid of the color cast... Original below:

L1000121 by Gary Clennan, on Flickr