The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 SD Card discussion about SD card restrictions

edwardkaraa

Re: My M9 is finicky about SD cards it seems

Arild, were the 16GB Transcend cards you tried and wouldn't work in your M9, class 6 or class 10? Just curious since I've used the blue label class 6 16GB Transcend cards in an M9 with no issues.

What problems did you encounter? Would they not work at all, partially fill or wouldn't format? Just curious what their issue was? Thanks.

Dave (D&A)
It's funny because we seem to have contradictory experiences with cards. My camera completely fried my Sandisk 8gb card, but is working flawlessly with 4 Transcend 16gb class 10 cards.

Photojazz

I have two Kingston 16gb cards that work well. But if I buy another, it will probably be a Sandisk 32. SDHC

Vivek, actually, this card was replacement from factory, so it was pretty much a new card, but your point is well made and valid.

V

Vivek

Doug, I am using 32GB Samsung SDHC plus (rated class 10 but are very, very slow) cards. They are supposed to be more robust, physically. Very cheap and slow enough for the MM. That would mean that they
would be compatible with the M9 as well.

SanDisk Extreme Pro cards for the Sony NEX'. Very fast cards and fully compatible with those cams.

The other day I was trying a shot with a NEX. I had no idea that I snapped 111 (just a few minutes). All junked. On the same day I captured 3 shots with the MM. All keepers. Despite being of a medusa technology, the Leica gets some important things right, if it is handled/treated within its limits. :)

Godfrey

It's funny because we seem to have contradictory experiences with cards. My camera completely fried my Sandisk 8gb card, but is working flawlessly with 4 Transcend 16gb class 10 cards.
All the problems I've heard about with Leica M9 and Sandisk cards have been specifically with the Sandisk Extreme 8G cards. My Sandisk Extreme 16G cards seem to work just fine so far, no problems at all.