The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Mini M?

V

Vivek

Interesting. I hope it is a digital Leica CL! :)

More than that..I really wish that it is not a rebadged Panasonic GX2!!

jph

I really, really hope that would be the case! :)

Something with M mount, liveview, EVF and the whole works (and no RF) would be sweet. :D
That wouldn't surprise me. But do you think it would be FF or cropped sensor?

V

Vivek

I was just thinking about that! 1X crop would be highly desirable but is unlikely.

I would speculate that it would be ~1.33X just like the M8 and also 18-20MP.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I was just thinking about that! 1X crop would be highly desirable but is unlikely.

I would speculate that it would be ~1.33X just like the M8 and also 18-20MP.
Agree if its anything that will take a M lens than it will be a crop sensor , no question about it. Otherwise it competes with there M 240.

Maybe 18mpx size it would seem like but same 240 sensor. Most likely EVF only, maybe ala Fuji X-e1

My radar is up.

V

Vivek

My guess: full frame, fixed lens, EVF.

They need to get the M sensor production higher.
Available everywhere by 2015. Plenty of time to save! :)

(The funds could be redirected towards a FF NEX when it shows up before the "mini M" :D )

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Would guess that this is a EVF only M model.

If FF that would be great and taking M lenses, but that would maybe compete to much with the M240.

If crop sensor, then I really hope it has a new mount supporting AF and also new AF lenses behind - hopefully taking M lenses via an adapter. Could be like the Fuji XE1 ....

Seascape

There is too much competition in the cropped sensor market.

Leica would be wise to continue with FF sensors, at this point they have no competition in the FF interchangeable lens "mirrorless" camera field.

Could be interesting, I'm guessing this is a ME replacement using the same 18MP CCD sensor.

Last edited:

6x6

I think:

- EVF only
- Full frame and same sensor as M240 (they need to get volume up)
- Reduced feature set from M240
- Interchangeable lenses (Leica then makes even more money)

Or

- EVF only
- Full frame and same sensor as M240 (they need to get volume up)
- Reduced feature set from M240
- Fixed 35mm or 50mm lens
[/LIST]