The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Upgrades done and a new addition

TimWright

My M8 arrived back from NJ so went to pick it up at my dealer here in Montreal (Camtec). Got the shutter and frame lines done. As I was putting a card, battery and lens on it he mentioned that he had just received the new Elmar 24. As he knew I had been looking at 24's for awhile he asked if I wanted to see it. I resisted at first but then caved when he mentioned the $300 US off till the end of the year plus the $150 from the upgrades. Knew I should have left the credit card at home.

robmac

If there were a Leica dealer in my neck of the woods I'd have to pay them to put a restraining order on me. Leica has it's issues, but when you pick up an M_ and one of those tiny unobtanium-priced lenses you can't help but smile.

Curious what you think of the new 24. The MTFs look sweet.

D

Daveco

I didn't think the 24 Elmar 3.8 was included in the $300 rebate.

"For more information, visit www.leicacamerausa.com or contact your nearest authorized Leica dealer.
(*Excludes Speceial Edition Leica M8, Leica Noctilux-M 50mm/f0.95, Summilux-M 21mm/f1.4, Summilux-M 24mm/f1.4 and Elmar-M 24mm/f3.8)"

TimWright

And happy with your M8 upgade?
I consider the same upgrade and wondered if it is worth it.
I am very happy with the upgrades I did (shutter and frame lines). The shutter is quieter but more important it is much much smoother. I don't know if I had a particularly bad one but it felt like there was grit in it. Now it is very nice and smooth. Frame lines especially for my 75 are much more acurate.

robsteve

Subscriber
If there were a Leica dealer in my neck of the woods I'd have to pay them to put a restraining order on me. .
Rob:

Atlantic Photo Supply is a Leica dealer. I think they only have the point and shoots in the display case though. Their web site has the M8 listed though and the owner went to Photokina this year.

I have bought three new bodies from them is the past few years. A couple M and a R9.

Robert

robmac

Robert,

I remember you mentioning that. In my mind a dealer has stock - if nothing else a demo copy of key items. In this day and age, once can order from anywhere and have it within days - for prices that are undoubtedly better

This is no offense against APS - Carsand would be no different if not worse. In their case, it would make no sense - no volume to justify the inventory let alone 'net-level prices on same if they did have it.

My risk is when I can walk in and touch and caress ;>

Rob:

Atlantic Photo Supply is a Leica dealer. I think they only have the point and shoots in the display case though. Their web site has the M8 listed though and the owner went to Photokina this year.

I have bought three new bodies from them is the past few years. A couple M and a R9.

Robert