The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica 1.4 magnifier

Paratom

I got mine but have to say it did not convince me. too much tunnel view like.
I prefer to stay with the 1.25 and returned the 1.4
I could imagine however that the 1.4 could be great for Noctilux fans ;)
I just recommend to check it out before ordering one.
Cheers, Tom

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Tom

I came to a similar conclusion by trying the Megapearls 1.35X version against the Leica 1.25X. I found the Leica 1.25x magnification was easier to work with.

In one of the Leica presentations after Photokina .....they stated that using the 1.4X would allow you to focus with both eyes open. You can see how this would work by trying it with the 1.25X but you need the magnification on the focusing eye to match the other eye..or 1.00 . (1.4X .72)

As soon as I can find my megapearls magnifier I will try working this way.

Roger

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I can't shoot with both eye's open. The right one I always close. Interesting not sure i know many folks that do shoot with both open

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Guy

I use my right eye to focus (although I think my left is better). One of my friends (a established photojournalist) recommended to me to try keeping the left eye open. You can see it easily in the posts on the LUF about hand holding slow
shutter speeds.

The benefit beyond the FOV is that the subject can see your eye(and that you mean no harm)..which is useful in many environments. So far I can t really do it continuously.

Roger