The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question about M6-ttl Viewfinder

just4fun

Hello,
I am about to buy a beautiful M6-TTL from a local guy, I have a question regarding its viewfinder, I hope someone can answer my question:
- The guy advertised his M6 is 0.85 VF, and I can see that little number visible at the front of VF window.
But he also said the VF is upgraded to M7 non flare version... my question is: is there a sign to tell that the VF is an upgraded one? or is there a way to test ?
I used to have M6 before and do experienced flare problem with VF, but never really paid attention to know the exact condition when the problem will happen...
thanks!
sonny

250swb

No, it will all be inside, although the seller should have a receipt for the work, ask for that.

If this is your first M style Leica you do know about the pro's and con's of the .85 viewfinder don't you?

Steve

just4fun

Thanks, the seller don't have the paper work anymore, but he said, the 085 VF and M7 Non flare is already upgraded at the time he order the camera (a la carte)... he messed up, sold his old M6 with M6ttl Box so it leave this M6ttl with M6 Box.

No, this is not my 1st Leica M, and of course I buy this camera because of 0.85 VF,
My question was not about the 0.85VF :) I can see 0.85 marked clearly on the camera.

So, for example, if a person sell you his M6 and he claim that his M6 having VF upgraded and he don't have paper work anymore, what would you do to know or how you make a test ?

Thanks

Godfrey

The M6TTL viewfinder could flare the rangefinder patch pretty easily. I don't know how to measure how much less easily the MP viewfinder flares, however.

G