The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the X-Vario

ashwinrao1

:worthless:

So I'd love to see more from the few, proud, and brave souls who'll use this camera.

So my friends, let loose :)

V

Vivek

I would like to...but not likely to happen soon. Had to quit the rangefinderforum because of the negativity there...but there is always hope:

Open Letter — Dear Leica: | THEME
Did you write this one as well?

The True Digital Mini M — This Is What Leica Has to Do: | THEME

I am not sure I follow your thinking from one article to another or even within one article. Rockwell at least has some clarity when it comes to these.

With that said, I wish you all the best with regards to your and yours' personal well being.

I usually keep quiet and am just an observer, but to see this Vivek splashing vitriol on a post that laments vitriol, that just takes the cake!

By the way, thanks for pointing me to this excellent site, also that What-Leica-Has-to-Do article is some nice read.

But I'm sure, Vivek, that's above your pay grade.

Unbelievable.

I am not sure I follow your thinking from one article to another or even within one article. Rockwell at least has some clarity when it comes to these.

With that said, I wish you all the best with regards to your and yours' personal well being.

Godfrey

So I'd love to see more from the few, proud, and brave souls who'll use this camera.

I hope to see some lovely pics out of this camera soon. They won't be mine ... I'm not a fan of zoom lenses ... But I suspect the camera is quite capable. :)

G

V

Vivek

I have a Pencil with a Leica logo that I got as a gift when I bought my SL2 in Wiesbaden, Germany (long time ago).

The first person who has paid full retail price to buy this Mini M and posts pictures here can have it, post paid.:)

ashwinrao1

While it's not for me by any means (slow zoom rules it out completely, as I am a fast prime type of guy), I am sure that some folks will take some lovely pictures with it...I am curious if my Leica vendor has one...at the very least, I'll take the demo out for a few blows...

V

Vivek

Absolutely!

But as Peter said

So I've no doubt that people who do purchase this new camera will enjoy it.

Because at $3200 they'll have every incentive to.
That is the joy I look forward to reflected in the pictures. :)

J

JohnW

It's usually fairly civil over at RFF, but it's been brutal on the Vario and Leica in general. I understand quitting. Who needs that!

John

Duane Pandorf

I feel the same as David about another forum and I won't mention the name. I registered, posted occasionally but feel that its not a place where one can enjoy since I could not find much camaraderie.

dave.gt

I haven't a clue what you are talking about...no, I did not write any other article. :confused: Oh, and thank you for the well wishes...much appreciated, sir.

dave.gt

Sorry, Ashwin, didn't mean to hijack the thread. I, too, find the form and size not quite what I am looking for and I am a speed freak as well. But, I am interested in it nonetheless. The bad thing about living in The South is that there isn't a Leica dealer with products you can touch and feel within a day's drive of Atlanta.

I have, myself, a small kit with the X1/X2 body and a small zoom in the Leica Combination Bag but I don't think the Vario will quite fit...so maybe an LX7/D6 would do at some point in time. The problem with those little cameras is the aesthetics...they look awful and have no resemblance to my M3 or the X1. I am weird that way.

So, I am happy with my little kit and documentary work goes on.

ShooterSteve

I wish they would have followed the design of the Digilux 2 - a great 'Classic Leica' looking point and shoot camera with a fast zoom. I'm guessing they will sell these, but not to Leica lovers or serious photographers. An expensive point and shoot for the wealthy.

Paratom

I think for my taste they should have included a finder and a little faster lens as soon as the camera got the size it has.
It is not a real compact anyways, so a little bigger lens would not have hurt (me).
Or they should have taken a slightly smaller sensor (the omd sensor) and put it in a smaller camera (like the Minilux zoom).
I am not sure if the choose the right compromise (for my taste) between price, size and lens.