The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the X-Vario

DavidE

Visited Japan last week for the CEATEC tradeshow. I had a chance to snap some photos there with the X Vario.

DavidE

John, I used Lightroom 5 and Silver Efex Pro 2 to process the b&w images. All from RAW.

Here are some more X Vario shots from the Japan trip.

barjohn

Thanks for the information. I have just started playing with the high contrast JPGs from the camera because I liked the look. It reminded me of using the Leica CL and B&W film many years ago. Your images had that look too. I have LR 5.2 and Silverefex Pro 2 so i can also try them. Another converter that produces stunningly sharp and contrasty images is the free program called RAWKER. Very rudimentary in operation but wow what a difference compared to LR.

Here I am including first a side by side with standard conversion DNG and RAWKER Tif file, then optimized DNG in LR versus RAWKER Tif file (these are 100% crops).

barjohn

Here is one of my town of San Clemente during the Sea Food Festival this past weekend processed in RAWKER.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Keep the image samples from the XV coming! I am getting excited.

If possible some low light samples please - I really would love to add the XV as my everyday travel cam!

Peter

ceh

Pano handheld,70mm,11 images stitched with PTGui Pro,edited PS CS 5.1..

crop (no sharpening)

:)

DaveS

I spent a few days travelling on the British Columbia coast, there was some moody looking fog and a ferry trip. The XV is a nice light travel camera. For the images I did sharpening and cropping to taste on the following shots.

I also found a bald eagle after the fact when editing in LR in the 3rd image and put in a 100% crop of it.

all the best,
Dave