The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Re: Contacting Leica in Germany

D&A

Hi All,

Via e-mail, does anyone know of the e-mail address and name of a person thats best to contact at Leica Germany to inquire about a top plate replacement (and instalation) on a recently released M mount body? For a variety of reasons in this case, I wanted to send it off to Germany as opposed to Leica in N.J. (as wonderful and helpful as they have been). I know some have mentioned it's a slow process to contact Leica in Germany via e-mail.

In addition, does anyone know the complete shipping address of Leica in Germany to which to send a camera body to them for installation and replacement of the top plate? Do they eventually contact the seller via e-mail with an estimate and what happens if I simply ship them a camera for this service with a letter of explanation prior to contacting them?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

edwardkaraa

The best way to contact Leica is via their owners log in on the main page of the website. They have always responded very quickly and were very helpful.

segedi

I had to send my new M240 in for the strap lug check and also included a request for changing the plates from black to chrome. They (Germany) mailed a response back, on a service order form, stating they weren't doing that service at this time. Same message when the camera came back. If they were offering the service, it looks like they would have provided an estimate.

Also, when I had put in my order for the Monochrom, I also requested chrome, and was also told that they aren't doing it right now. Not sure of the nature of your request, but I fear that unless it's a warranty issue with a faulty top plate, you'd get the same response back - which I take to mean, "sorry, we're trying to keep up with demand, wait til we have some breathing room!"

D&A

Thank you both for your informative responses. As a follow up, if I contact Lecia via the owners log on the main page of their website, since I am here in the States, is it Leica in Germany that responds of Leica in N.J. here in the States?

It most definitely doesn't involve warrenty work but do you suppose they aren't accepting non warrenty work on their digital cameras at this time due to being swamped? Thanks.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

I neglected to mention a past experience in trying to contact Leica Germany via their webpage, even the one specifically sent up on their repair page. I never received a reply to multiple attempts at that time and some say they rarely if ever one does unless the e-mail is sent to a specific person at Leica. Unfortunately I don't have that info (a specific person to contact at Leica Germany). I don't suppose I should simply feel out their work order on line form on-line and send the camera to their specific repair facility address without having some correspondence with them? That's sort of where I'm at.

Dave (D&A)

edwardkaraa

Dave, my own experience is that they always replied within a few hours (taking time difference in consideration) and their replies were extensive with a lot of information. And, the replies came from Germany.

VINCET

Dave

The couple of times that I contacted Leica thru the web portal, I got a response usually within 24 hours. And yes, the response came from Germany which really surprises me.

Vince

D&A

Dave

The couple of times that I contacted Leica thru the web portal, I got a response usually within 24 hours. And yes, the response came from Germany which really surprises me.

Vince
Vince, Thanks for the words of encouragement. I can only hope that this time I do get a response as time is a factor at the moment. My general question in advance of any possible response is what step should I take if I don't get an e-mail response? Do I simply fill out their form and send it in and hope for the best? Not the sort of thing I would normally do without at least some degree of contact. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)