Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Leica M 240 test see samples here

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Leica M 240 test see samples here

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    I don't really think that there is more camera shake using a D800 than there was using a D700 - it's just that it's a hell of a lot more visible at 100% . . . Is it more visible in the finished image?
    No one would dispute that.

However, Jono, your doubt is not open to debate. There are realities and regardless of whether one closes or opens their eyes will always remain so.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Guy, that was one of them, heh.

Also good points Jono. I have noticed a tendency of seeing some shake drilled down to 100% when hand holding my D800E, and then normal viewing looking ok. I fear though that if you go to printing and taking advantage of that big file size for a big print, you obviously are right back looking at the impurities/shake of the image. For web viewing, it's probably inconsequential, unless you can show original size.
    /M-TP240/MM+Luxious trinity(24:35:50) + 75 2.0 APO ASPH Cron + Nikon D3X/D700, 58 1.2 noct, 28 1.4d,200VR + Zeiss 35/50/100 + 135mm 2.0 DC, 17-35/24-70/70-200VRII, Einstein studio...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Damn IPad spell check . Noticed I got a new cam called Nokon. Lol
    Guy, That's not a new camera....Nokon is the term used when mounting a Voigtlander Nokton "F" mount lens onto a Nikon body. Used together, they are referred to as a Nokon! . You obviously have the most current up-to-date spell check on your ipad...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

HI Marc,Stefan
    I like to think of it as IQ vs IC (Image Quality vs Image Content - Science vs Art) - I think about it a very great deal - it is actually the reason that I've never used medium format - because I'm pretty certain that although taking more time and concentrating on the process produces better IQ, it produces worse IC (for me at any rate).

Another point though is that the finished image is just that . . it isn't a teeny weeny portion of it when you've zoomed in on a screen. More MP is great (more sample is nearly always better) - but if you look at a 12mp image at 100% you're looking at a much larger proportion of the finished image then you are looking at a 24mp image at 100%.

I don't really think that there is more camera shake using a D800 than there was using a D700 - it's just that it's a hell of a lot more visible at 100% . . . Is it more visible in the finished image? I doubt it personally.

. . . . . . . of course, this could all be me rationalising my lackadaisical photographic technique

I think the point I'm trying to make is that one should be aware of the whole balance of subject / equipment / ease of shooting / IC / IS - just trying to squeeze the most detail out of a camera may be what you need . . . . but it also may not - which doesn't mean you don't want all the other advantages of modern high MP sensors.

All the best
    I couldn't agree more Jono. it is a choice between IQ and IC most of the time. I'll duck the rotten tomatoes as i say this, but to me even using the words "Leica M" and "tripod" in the same sentence are almost sacrilege! I know, horses for courses and all that, but why in the world would someone buy an M240 just to restrict your movement by locking it down to a tripod? The whole POINT to a rangefinder is small, quick, portable, flexible, discrete.

Add the size, bulk, weight, difficulty of setup, impossibility of setup in a crowd, and the attention your going to draw to yourself when someone trips over your damn tripod leg, and what do you have? A rangefinder experience? I don't think so. At least not the rangefinder experience I've grown accustomed to over the years.
    TheCameraForum.Com
    ChuckJonesPhotography.Com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Dave, he must have the iphoto photography language 1.3 update installed
    /M-TP240/MM+Luxious trinity(24:35:50) + 75 2.0 APO ASPH Cron + Nikon D3X/D700, 58 1.2 noct, 28 1.4d,200VR + Zeiss 35/50/100 + 135mm 2.0 DC, 17-35/24-70/70-200VRII, Einstein studio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

@Chuck

I fully understand your point regarding the tripod use. But then the question must be legitimate what use will 24 Mpix have if you shake away about 50% (or more) of these 24 Mpix resolution ?

Then it´s probably much cheaper and even smaller and faster to use something in the 10-16Mpix range and save a lot of money.

That was my point.

Regards
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One book in my collection: Image Clarity: High-Resolution Photography: John B Williams: 9780240800332: Amazon.com: Books

Made me think a lot and seek practical solutions (> a decade ago).

One bunch (i am fully aware that not all) follow E. Puts and his Leica writings. To understand a few things that Puts writes about, I would highly recommend Williams' book. Far cheaper than Luigi creations.

Hand held "macro" with no flash is a travesty, IMO (and experience).
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    As these cameras continue to jack up the meg count and attendant resolution, I wonder if they aren't leaving behind their original intent, or at least re-defining it? ...
    When I bought the M9 and started to work with it, it became apparent (to me, anyway) that I work with this camera in two modes. One as the 'near medium format' methodology: tripod, careful attention to setup and focus, etc etc. For that mode I want the best lenses I can afford, the best tripod available, etc. The other is as I often shoot with lower end gear ... quick, fast, hand held for expression and 'the decisive moment', that is, in the traditional Leica M manner.

The new M seems to take the first mode to the next level with even more resolution, etc, but I don't see that it is not possible to continue to work the second way as well. It just seems that we, as techno geeks, want to get the most out of the equipment all the time we can, rather than, as photographers, being satisfied that what is good enough really is good enough.

It's all good. I look forward to when I will acquire a new M. It will be a while yet. The improved responsiveness is great for the traditional Leica M shooting, the additional resolution and Live View is great for the 'near medium format' shooting ... :-)

G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

HI Marc,Stefan
    I like to think of it as IQ vs IC (Image Quality vs Image Content - Science vs Art) - I think about it a very great deal - it is actually the reason that I've never used medium format - because I'm pretty certain that although taking more time and concentrating on the process produces better IQ, it produces worse IC (for me at any rate).

Another point though is that the finished image is just that . . it isn't a teeny weeny portion of it when you've zoomed in on a screen. More MP is great (more sample is nearly always better) - but if you look at a 12mp image at 100% you're looking at a much larger proportion of the finished image then you are looking at a 24mp image at 100%.

I don't really think that there is more camera shake using a D800 than there was using a D700 - it's just that it's a hell of a lot more visible at 100% . . . Is it more visible in the finished image? I doubt it personally.

. . . . . . . of course, this could all be me rationalising my lackadaisical photographic technique

I think the point I'm trying to make is that one should be aware of the whole balance of subject / equipment / ease of shooting / IC / IS - just trying to squeeze the most detail out of a camera may be what you need . . . . but it also may not - which doesn't mean you don't want all the other advantages of modern high MP sensors.

All the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    @Chuck

I fully understand your point regarding the tripod use. But then the question must be legitimate what use will 24 Mpix have if you shake away about 50% (or more) of these 24 Mpix resolution ?

Then it´s probably much cheaper and even smaller and faster to use something in the 10-16Mpix range and save a lot of money.

That was my point.

Regards
    Stefan
    Your point is well taken Stefan and I would agree with your position that in those cases it is probably easier and less expensive to use a different camera. There is no "best" camera for anything in particular, but there certainly are cameras who's design does lend itself to a particular type of work or working style.

However, to my point, what happens if you learn the proper operational technique of this 24MP camera so you don't as you say, shake away 50% of your resolution? There are two ways to approach this problem as I see it, 1) use a crutch (tripod), in which case your better off with a different camera as you said or 2) Develop a better hand held technique. Both are successful outcome results. Both are useful as tricks in your bag. One does not ever replace the other.

Using a tripod may be easier for some in execution, but for those who have the patience, and will invest the ten thousand hours or so it takes to develop a good hand-held technique as Jono, Ashwin, Guy, myself and many others like us here have, it is certainly not easier nor is it faster. In fact, it is a lot more cumbersome working with a tripod or a flash, the other "solution" many would profess. Anything other than a simple camera and lens only serves to add complexity and distraction to a shoot. Sometimes they can't be avoided to get an acceptable photograph. Most often, I find that they can with practice.
    TheCameraForum.Com
    ChuckJonesPhotography.Com

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The question remains is when is it good enough and from a Pro seat sometimes its okay to cheat to the low end but also to go full bore as well. I think the point being made here is any gear at this level if you want to squeeze the best out of it than technique will win the day. Here is the crux though if you want to shoot a more free style than folks need to ACCEPT and this is the hard part that you will NOT SEEK the best quality. This part is crucial in understanding those facts and not everyone will accept that and lets say more outside this forum if you know what I mean.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Chuck you posted after me but you are correct. Learning great hand holding technique is crucial and this comes down to that learning curve of learning how to excel at it. Some of us like you mentioned can cheat near amazing slow shutter speeds and some seem to have had 30 cups of coffee before they go out the door. Im stretching that one but you folks get the idea.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ok I know I am walking on thin Ice here, this is the Leica part of the Forum, but excuse my maybe naive question:

If a camera that was and is famous for fast and light speed photography will not deliver the full image quality (which is expensively paid for- mostly for this purpose !) at exactly this purpose, isn´t this kind of a paradoxon ?

We are talking here of maybe 7000 € for a body, maybe another 7-8000 € for a nocti- or summilux, still no autofocus, no stabilization.

I am also no parkinson patient, I have shot quite some meters of film and files out of hand. But I know where my limits are. 1/15th with a deep breath, some leaning to walls or other parts of existing "helpers" maybe doing bursts of some shots to get one "acceptable sharp" one, a good monopod maybe brings me down to a 1/4 sec. But that´s it. And of 10 of these shots 1-2 are pretty good, 3-4 are somehow acceptable if the motive is interesting and dominating the file and the other 5 are for the binch.......
    None of these will be 100% unless a lucky shot 1 out of 100, by chance.
    Add to this that me as a glass wearing photographer (since I´m 14) never became friends with the Leica M finder.

I would have loved to test a more mobile usage, but Leica could not deliver the EVF (maybe I will still get it for 1-2 days, there´s a small chance left) and on the weekend I will shoot people with it (Wasserburg Mideval festival). So lets see how it goes for portraits.

I am not testing a legend, I test cameras.

Regards
    Stefan
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I've been shooting with a M for 40+ years now. My hand-held rangefinder technique is probably as good as it is going to get ... in fact, if anything it'll get worse.

Jono: Creative ... art ... you say Tomahto, I say Tomato.

The conundrum is that as the M acquires more and more resolution, the lenses get better and better and a LOT more expensive ... yet to realize what both camera and len$es are capable of, starts encroaching in on the purpose of the format and it starts becoming something else.

Not sure I'd agree with the concept of more meg with shake is mitigated by size even when printed ... if that were true you could hand-hold a MFD camera at lower shutter speeds off a tripod, and it'd be okay ... but it isn't. The S2 sensor isn't all that much larger than 35mm and @ 37 meg you really have to shoot much higher shutter speeds hand-held or it shows ... even on a regular sized print.

I made thousands of prints from a D700 and D3X ... and the D700 was more forgiving at normal print sizes ... perhaps due to higher expectations from the 24 meg camera ... however, when the end use expectations aren't met, or sometimes equalled by the lesser camera, you start questioning that application of the format using such a camera.

IMHO, 24 meg FF is probably a threshold for a hand-held spontaneous tool like the M.

- Marc

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    IMHO, 24 meg FF is probably a threshold for a hand-held spontaneous tool like the M.

- Marc
    Well, let's hope they keep it that way then - because if you can't use it for hand held spontaneous shooting you may as well get a D800 or a medium format camera!

My rangefinder technique isn't bad - lots of practice, but in every situation I'd rather go for the motiv than the IQ. And in my world tripods are not compatible with catching that significant moment.

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok I know I am walking on thin Ice here, this is the Leica part of the Forum, but excuse my maybe naive question:

If a camera that was and is famous for fast and light speed photography will not deliver the full image quality (which is expensively paid for- mostly for this purpose !) at exactly this purpose, isn´t this kind of a paradoxon ?
    I would have loved to test a more mobile usage, but Leica could not deliver the EVF ...
    1) The question is what you consider to be the "full image quality." Fast and light, speedy photographs of people, as in street and editorial photography, are rarely measured on the technical quality of maximum sharpness or the absolute limits of tonal capture. They are measured more on expression, 'the decisive moment', etc. The superb Leica lenses are not only very high resolution but provide beautiful rendering qualities for this work. A good look at any of the photographs famously taken by Leicas shows that only a small percentage of them ever exploit the maximum resolution capabilities of the camera, lens, and sensor/film. What they do have is a wealth of nuance and beauty in the rendering of blur vs sharp areas, lovely micro-contrast, etc etc.

Getting the technical max resolution from any camera and lens requires techniques that are more akin to today's technical camera usage. Hand-held work should never be judged on that standard, IMO.

2) Save half the money you'd spend on the Leica EVF and buy the Olympus VF-2. It is identical in all respects other than the name "Leica" on the front. Easily available for about $200. I've been using it with the Leica X2 for a year ... it's the same (only) EVF Leica offers so it will work perfectly.

G

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i've been fiddling around with the mono, hand held, and the files and resolution are extremely compelling. as long as i can shoot at 1/25 or faster, what the combo of leica lens and mono sensor can produce can give you high resolution and..content is up to me!

why bother with the expense and trouble of leica lenses and rangefinder if you won't demand what they can produce? you can get quality content with far less expenditure.

i have other options if i want to use the tripod or catch those squirrelly grandchildren mid -flight

Post Thanks / Like

Really, in a way I wonder if the M 240 has become something that Leica M was not meant to become... Well, maybe the 240 is ok, but if it goes any further in the pixel race, it will become the S series small body, no longer a street photography oriented M. I think this is something the who's who at Leica should definitely keep in mind going forward with model design-

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Back to the photos, well done Stefan!
    Oldie 007 was my favorite of the set and certainly shows the abilities of M.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe my images are not as sharp as they could be (I never missed anything in this regard) however I shoot the S2 handheld all the time. I have exp time limited 1/250 and autoiso on up to ISO 800 and images are sharp.
    I do not doubt a tripod can improve things, but in my case for many subjects I am like Jono-not a tripod type. (Could also have to do with a certain limited time for photography and that I am much more doing "casual shooting" and not really anything like serious (art) photography. If light gets low I even have shots with 1/30 from the S which are fine.
    And even if this means to not achieve the latest little bit of sharpness - there are many other qualities which let you benefit from the high quality lenses and sensors (no matter if D800 or Leica M or S or other brands); Things like color, tonality and contrast/microcontrast.
    I often bring a tripod and then don't use it.
    I am sure that if I was a dedicated landscape or architecture photographer things would be different - but I don't see that free hand photography with higher MP cameras would "mess up" all advantages.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just to turn this slightly on it's head.
    We are kind of assuming that to get the best out of the M you need a tripod . . . . .
    . . . . I've tacitly been agreeing with this, but I was looking through my chinese monochrom pictures last night. It was drab light and shooting at slow shutter speeds was often necessary.

I have a 6ft print of a photo of a bridge taken at 1/90th with the 75 'cron, I can look at it from 1ft away, and there is absolutely no sign of camera shake. So I looked at other similar exposures - 85% of them are fine - 15% show some weak signs of camera shake, but in most cases this doesn't have any affect on a 24" print - even assuming that the viewer wants to look from close up.

My landscape stuff is all handheld - here the light is mostly okay, so we're probably talking shutter speeds of 1/125 - 1/250th hand held - again, leaves at 100% are sharp as sharp.

I would contend that if a 6ft print is okay - then it's okay.

Look - we were on a beach in China, and there was a huge noticeboard about swimming. Amongst other things it said that you MUST wear a flotation device if you were going to swim out of your depth. It's certainly true that you would be less likely to drown if you wear a flotation device . . . .

. . ... . sure - on average - you get sharper pictures using a tripod - but to say that it isn't worth using a 24mp camera without one is suggesting a degradation which simply isn't borne out by the facts of my images (unless I'm going blind and stupid).

It's tough saying this - especially in a technical facing camera forum it's definitely going against all sorts of conventional wisdom, and leaves oneself very much open to the accusation of incompetence and stupidity - but here's me saying it!

all the best

PS - of COURSE I'm NOT saying that there aren't circumstances where a tripod is vital - just that in those circumstances I'd probably use a different camera

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

PS - of COURSE I'm NOT saying that there aren't circumstances where a tripod is vital - just that in those circumstances I'd probably use a different camera
    Mmmm, what camera would that be, Jono ?

Kind reagrds.
    Bart ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Mmmm, what camera would that be, Jono ?

Kind reagrds.
    D800 / S2 / Other MF back of your choice.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jonoslack

You are right - pretty good ist mostly enough.
    I am just saying that - for me - as I´m an old former 8/10 viewcamera shooter and doing focusing with a loupe for 25 years it´s kind of weird NOT to squeeze out every last bit of the gear I bought.

And - again attention dangerous statement- if I´d needed a superfast, action proof and autofocus camera with highest ISO possible I would probably NOT use a Leica M. Maybe a Canon 1Dx or a Nikon D4 ? Those deliver exactly what they are built (and paid) for.

I am curious, I always hear about the unique qualities and the bokeh and the organic look. But street Photography , Action and Sports are not done with Leica M´s today anymore......
    I believe most if not all World press photos of the year from the last 10-15 years were not shot with Leicas ?

I see this M 240 as a fantastic camera - IF - it also would have an adequate AF and IS, probably a killer machine. At the moment for me there is something lacking to fullfil the claim that is made. It once WAS like this, but today ?

Searching cover, ducking off
    Stefan

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

There are still uses for the old mechanical cameras for fast captures.

I have been so tuned to anticipate the shutter lag of my mirrorless cameras that I have squeezed the shutter release on my MM a bit too early, many times and have missed some shots.

Such a thing will not happen when shooting pets and static objects.

Stefan, I understood your motive for the test shots on a tripod. The discussion got muddled with claims of missed moments, portability and such.

Can we get back to the IQ out of the MM that I believe was the initial point?

What about color fidelity?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It was a good discussion though and maybe helped some folks understand certain things.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jonoslack

I am just saying that - for me - as I´m an old former 8/10 viewcamera shooter and doing focusing with a loupe for 25 years it´s kind of weird NOT to squeeze out every last bit of the gear I bought.
    Well, I quite agree, but what I was saying that looking at a 6ft print from 1ft and having good edges isn't just 'good enough' - it's good, and it's taking advantage of the sensor.

And - again attention dangerous statement- if I´d needed a superfast, action proof and autofocus camera with highest ISO possible I would probably NOT use a Leica M. Maybe a Canon 1Dx or a Nikon D4 ? Those deliver exactly what they are built (and paid) for.
    I am curious, I always hear about the unique qualities and the bokeh and the organic look. But street Photography , Action and Sports are not done with Leica M´s today anymore......
    Absolutely - I quite agree - no question.
    . . except street photography, not something I do a great deal of, but I still think that a rangefinder qualifies here.

I see this M 240 as a fantastic camera - IF - it also would have an adequate AF and IS, probably a killer machine. At the moment for me there is something lacking to fullfil the claim that is made. It once WAS like this, but today ?

Stefan
    No need for the cover - but for me, for travel, landscape, portrait, wedding and event photography, (and now with the M) nature, macro . . . it does a pretty good job and uses the best lenses in the world in a package which is much smaller than anything else.

I quite agree that in body IS would be nice - don't care much about AF - but of course, you do need to be able to manage a rangefinder . . which brings me to putting on my flameproof suit and saying:

I can't see why you would use an M(240) if you weren't going to use the rangefinder?

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Stefan be interesting to hear of the CMOS sensor compared to the CCD of MF. Color, tonality and such.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Can we get back to the IQ out of the MM that I believe was the initial point?

What about color fidelity?
    Vivek - Stefan - sorry, I've been seriously
    I apologise.

I was in no way trying to criticise the initial post or it's intentions.

But as Guy says - it's an interesting discussion - but perhaps for another place.

I'll shuttup now.

all the bed

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well, one other thing that really shocked me is the TTL flash on a Leica M (besides the metering which would the "classical" mode in the new M, if I am not mistaken). The TTL flash is quite accurate and is comparable to that of Nikon's iTTL (if not better).

Did you try the camera with any of the flashes, Stefan? Also, how do you find the primitive (but accurate) metering (not the one from live view off the sensor) compared to canon, etc?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Jonoslack

I believe most if not all World press photos of the year from the last 10-15 years were not shot with Leicas ?

Stefan
    Stefan,
    as a long time Leica M user I am pretty quick with the M-rangefinder. But I have allways also used AF cameras and I have to agree with you: I would welcome a good AF very much in the M system. But I would like to keep an optical viewfinder. Something like the Finder of the x-pro 1 would be prefect for my needs.
    IMO the Nikons and Canons a great cameras (and I sometimes use a Canon 5dIII when I want fast AF) but I still prefer the overall IQ I get from the M9 (and I assume the M 240 is even better).
    That's why I keep and use both at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Vivek
    I would have loved to try a flash, but I just got the naked camera,the 35mm, the 90mm and 1 Battery..... pretty basic kit...... :-)

The exposure is very exact, I tried several times to improve the Auto mode manually, but so far even with opposite lighting it was on target.

Colors are hard to compare with a CCD, overall the LR5 conversion that I was using was very pleasing out of the box, I also tried with Aperture but had to do more to match, so I stuck with LR5 (which is really good!).
    I think as the native format of the camera is DNG, they have worked closely with Adobe, LR5 is made for it. Impressive !
    CCD´s (I mostly use my Capture One for this) are less saturated at this standard setting, but that could probably be matched exactly by a preset.
    Shadow noise is fantastic - NONE - NADA -NIENTE....... WOW !

These files look organic even if you pull them apart/compress them with Higlights and shadows. The results are not getting these "ugly HDR colors" that sometimes appear when you need to remove too much contrast.
    So my estimation is : Huge DR, at least as good as an IQ180 or a Credo80.
    This CMOSIS chip is quite good. I wish they would do the same quality with 40 Mpix in the S2.

The higher Isos are also looking interesting will know more after the weekend.

Greetings from Germany
    Stefan
    Last edited by Stefan Steib; 21st June 2013 at 09:12.
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks, Stefan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Attention parental guidance needed. Just explain your kids water is expensive these days. And no - this is not a demo for homosexual equal rights..... :-)
    Wasserburg Medieval Festival......
    Leica M 240 1/250sec f9,5 400 ISO

I will post some more on Flickr soon. I can work with the Rangefinder only if the items are not moving fast. I tried with some other stuff (knights fighting, not a single sharp one) - and failed miserably. For me complete miss. And if the Sun is bright, the electronic focus indication with live view is nearly not visible - so double fail.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The knives indicate some chopping. Hope there was not much blood.

Stefan, With a 35mm lens, you can shoot with your eyes closed. Just look at the hyperfocal markings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Vivek

35mm Hyperfocal, maybe, but then my head could have been chopped off,
    I wanted some closeups of the knights and that would have been in "Sword" distance.......

Greetings from underwater Allgäu
    No more sun here.....

Stefan

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Vivek

35mm Hyperfocal, maybe, but then my head could have been chopped off,
    I wanted some closeups of the knights and that would have been in "Sword" distance.......

Greetings from underwater Allgäu
    No more sun here.....

Stefan
    Hi Stefan, I would use the M to defend.

Looks like you needed that EVF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here is the last test I did - Leica M 240 with different Macro lenses via Adapters. The One down here is the Mamiya M645 80mm Macro at F16 scale 1:2 - will post these Images later to Flickr in 3000 px.

In short- this is about the best camera for everything - with the only exception of things that move fast......
    I mean : maybe Leica did not fully understand the task ? Maybe I do not understand the rangefinder , But I think - things have changed.
    As soon as you have some time and a tripod this camera beats anything I have seen with a 24x36 chip and probably also most of the smaller medium format backs. But as soon as things move fast, it´s pretty useless to my opinion.
    Last edited by Stefan Steib; 23rd June 2013 at 17:52.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Last edited by Stefan Steib; 23rd June 2013 at 17:16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One of my favourites: the old 105 Micro Nikkor AF-D, 1:1 f16

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Micro Nikkor AF-D 60mm @ f11 scale 1:1