The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent trip to India and Nepal

otumay

Hi!
Just finished editing nearly 2,000 shots and thought I'd share a few. Leica M8 with Tri-elmars, 16-18-21 and 28-35-50, and 90/2.8.
Best,
Osman

Last edited:

otumay

Thanks Kurt, first of those was shot in the courtyard of Taj Mahal and the second in Patan, Nepal.

otumay

Thanks Helen. It is so motivating to be appreciated.
I tried to master the art of shooting from moving vehicles on this trip, but in spite of the stability of the M8, my f/4 lenses did not help much. I am looking for a faster 28 or 35mm lens for better results. By the way, the third shot was taken from a bus travelling at 10mph on a bumpy road.
A happy new year to everyone,
Osman

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Very nice series indeed -- thanks for posting it! While they are all very good images, the first is my favorite :)

otumay

Thanks Jack, your words are most heartening. I acquired a second-hand M8 a few months ago and am still learning how to use it properly. It was not an easy decision to choose it for my long-awaited India trip; I was planning to take D300 and SLR/n with me. I'm glad now that I did otherwise.
Kind regards,
Osman