The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One version: Which one are you using?

M

Mango

Greetings! To those of you who are using the basic (non-upgraded) M8 camera, which version of Capture One are you currently using to process your DNG files? I have the 3.7.5 and was wondering whether to update it. Does it matter?

I noticed on their site they have Version 4, and 4 Pro, in addition to the 3.7.7

Sorry for such a basic question, please ignore if irritated.

Thank you very much!

Sites:

http://www.phaseone.com/Content/EshopMenu/Leica.aspx

http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/Software Archive 3/COArchiveWin.aspx

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You should probably update to 4.5 but if you can wait. Don't tell anyone LOL 4.6 will be out very soon. I can't say anymore but the improvements will be worth it. As far as the M8 i think they may have improved the M8 profile with 4.5 but I am not certain of this.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
You should probably update to 4.5 but if you can wait. Don't tell anyone LOL 4.6 will be out very soon. I can't say anymore but the improvements will be worth it. As far as the M8 i think they may have improved the M8 profile with 4.5 but I am not certain of this.
Well, Guy is in the know, so improvements must be coming soon. I am using version 4.5.2. I used the key provided with my M8 software.

Henry Goh

Actually Phaseone was supposed to release V4.6 before Christmas but looks like they will only release after the holidays. However on the Mac, V4.5.2 is quite stable.

Chris C

...... on the Mac, V4.5.2 is quite stable.
Despite my dislike of C1 I feel I should try it again with an update. However, I am in a computer/OS black-hole with an ageing Power Mac running OS 10.3.9 and I'm concerned that an update would be limited by my OS. I'd be grateful for experienced advice and hope it adds to the thread.

................ Chris

M

Mango

Thanks very much for all your advice!

All this constant updating sometimes is a bit much to keep up with, or maybe it's just me, a confirmed Luddite. With some software, more seem to deliver less.

I still use the Canon G3 (has a f2.0 lens and shoots RAW) that I bought from Marc Williams a few years ago for $500, a bargain at the time. No G10 for me. LOL.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Guy, I purchased the M8 upgrade to C1 pro...where in the hell do you download it? It shows as puchased in my profile but there is no direction to download the damn thing and there is no number to call a tech...:cussing:.....
thanks for your C1 support :)

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Thats the version I used but it downloaded 4.5.2 not 4.5.2 PRO..I don't know what else to do?

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It does not say Pro in the file name. When you install, it will install the Pro version when you put in your Key.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Ok I got the Pro app but now all I get is the menu bar ....no user interface?

running mac osx-5xx

I have a problem with C1 customer support. There is no way to call and talk to someone, all customer support is through the internet......

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

running mac osx-5xx

I have a problem with C1 customer support. There is no way to call and talk to someone, all customer support is through the internet......
I had some problems with my C1 when I moved over to the Mac and installed my M8 version. I have had to correspond with their technical support through the internet several times. They have been very prompt and helpful. Just send them an email and they will get you fixed up.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

running mac osx-5xx

Mike go to FILE and start a new session. Setup where you want everything to go the default for C1 library is in users/pictures which is fine but in processing tab you may want your files to go to a folder on the desktop. This is what i do so my final tif's go out on the desktop to a final folder