The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Like the new Thumbs Up grip for M240

TLiu

Fits snugly and looks great. It gives a way better grip than the thumb-bump thing on the M240, which is too small and too slippery.

jaknight

I find that a grip makes a real difference (I am using the RRS grip at the moment while I wait for Leica's multifunction grip). The gripe is great, and with Leica's 'thumb bump' I find the camera has excellent stability whilst maintaing handlability. Though I only occasionally use the EVF, it is a useful addition. I want to be able to quickly slot it in place when needed.

wstam

I used a Thumbie on my previous M9. Love it. I email him (off hand forget his name, a wonderful guy to deal with) about Thumbie for M. He told me that he had a design for it but no plan for turning it into production as he doesn't have the M to verify his design. Not sure if it's still the same now.

M

melantye

Am I the only one that does not like the new thumbs up for M design? In fact if you look carefully it does not fit straight into the M hotshoe (though it is very tight) and I have worries that the torque may damage the hotshoe when a heavy lens like Noct is mounted. I have used quite many thumbs up before on my M9 which fit perfectly so this is kind of a let down.

I contacted Tim who asked me to ship back the grip for examination, he found nothing wrong and shipped a replacement which unfortunately behaves the same.

algrove

When I do not need to use my EVF, I mount the TU along with the RRS grip for a great solid combination.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
I haven't seen the thing but does it preserve the weather sealing on the EVF connector?

algrove

It covers it even more like the plastic insert that comes with the M. There is rubber on the back of mine if I recall as it is not with me as I write this.

John Black

A rubber strip / pad follows the entire back-side of the Thumbs Up. This keeps the Thumbs Up from the marring the M's painted finish. The rubber also covers the M 240's EVF port, probably as securely (in terms of weather resistance) as Leica's stock covering.