The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any news on M240 firmware update?

TimWright

I know a member (Thrice I think) mentioned an upcoming update that I thought was coming in June. Has any one heard any news?

John Black

Had an email chat with Leica (Jesko v. Oeynhausen) on July 3rd, 2013. He referenced an upcoming firmware update, but no mention of its contents or the timing. Hopefully somebody has some fresher information.

thrice

It is in Beta, hopefully only a few weeks until the final release is ready.
It will be bug-fixes and colour tweaks.

jonoslack

No word on whether it will support the new Oly eve?
It seems very unlikely - not unless there is a Leica badged version, and that would probably be some time (I know nothing). It would be foolish of them to spend programming time to reduce sales of their own EVF¡

KeithL

It seems very unlikely - not unless there is a Leica badged version, and that would probably be some time (I know nothing). It would be foolish of them to spend programming time to reduce sales of their own EVF¡
Agreed.

On the other hand a better EVF would undoubtedly work to Leica's advantage and result in more camera sales.

Hosermage

Keith, I had the same thought, but then I think Leica isn't hungry for orders yet, so they'll have plenty of time to work on this after they can actually start meeting the demands.

TimWright

As they are a year behind in orders for the M I guess they are not in a hurry. Supposed to be some new product announcements this fall and next spring so maybe by then.

teeraash

It also depends on the existing stock of Leica badged VF2. But not many people would like to pay 600-700usd for an obsolete Oly EVF, wouldn't they?

TimWright

Well my M is on it's way back from Germany where it went for the loose lugs issue. Maybe it will arrive with the new firmware installed.:D

It is in Beta, hopefully only a few weeks until the final release is ready.
It will be bug-fixes and colour tweaks.
Would Leica breaking Auto ISO when specifying both aperture and shutter speed be considered a bug? Good heavens I hope so! If they fix this soon, this camera will stop driving me nuts.