The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Black Metal 39mm push on lens caps

gooomz

where can I find some of these bad boys?

checked ebay and some vendors no luck.

got one with a used lens and thought they were pretty cool

thanks

Eric Boe

Look for products #14-474 (stamped metal, issued with the new Summarit) and #14-285 (machined metal, issued with the Elmar-M). Multiple Leica vendors have them new, as would the parts department through Leica U.S. or your respective country.

JohnBrew

goomz, be careful with the 39 cap from the Summarits. They actually dent quite easily. After a day of shooting (when things get fairly jumbled in the bag) and putting everything back in it's place later I found I had a large dent in one of mine. It still fit the lens but wasn't very attractive.

algrove

The new APO 50's come with 2 lens caps-the snap on and the black metal. So they are available.

gooomz

does anyone love these plush metal caps?

to me they seem way better those flimsy fall off all the time and lose $30 bucks leica caps.

erudolph

The push on ones can fall off too, particularly if you have a filter on, and when they hit the pavement they get dinged. They do look nice on the camera though.

John Black

The push cap for my 90mm Macro-Elmar is very snug, frankly, it's too tight IMO. Taking it on and off has worn the paint off the edges of the aperture ring. Likewise, the push cap for the Leica 50mm F2.8 Elmar (slips over the hood) is very tight as well. I'm not a fan of them and prefer the simple E39 lens cap.

erudolph

Interesting. The push-on cap for my 90mm Macro Elmar is not particularly tight, but it has a filter on it. I'll have to try it without.

The push cap for my 90mm Macro-Elmar is very snug, frankly, it's too tight IMO. Taking it on and off has worn the paint off the edges of the aperture ring. Likewise, the push cap for the Leica 50mm F2.8 Elmar (slips over the hood) is very tight as well. I'm not a fan of them and prefer the simple E39 lens cap.

Hosermage

hmmm... my 90MEM cap felt plastic to me... but it does fit snugly and I have a filter on. It's got these rubber grip on the side that's much better than the velvet type from the older caps. I guess if you go without a hood, the caps are easier to put on/off, I think.