The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Monochrom Processing in Aperture Aperture?

jffielde

Does anyone have a good formula for processing Leica Monochrom files in Apple Aperture? Of course, every file is different and my taste may vary from yours, but I would appreciate a good starting point for reducing the "flatness" of the image to something with a little more bite.

I just recently got a Monochrom and am a long-time user of Aperture and the NIK Software plug-ins. So, I have been using Silver Efex Pro 2 (SEP2) for all my processing. I first use 'Boost' in RAW Fine Tuning in Aperture to recover highlights, and then go directly into SEP2. I haven't done any processing using just Aperture because I like what SEP2 does and the controls within that application are great!

I tried using Lightroom 5, but couldn't make it work for me--I've been using Aperture since version 1 and am very comfortable with it, plus I like the way Aperture integrates with other applications, and the file management in Aperture is amazing!

Good luck... Look forward to seeing what you produce!!!

Cheers,
Michael