The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica ME uses new shutter thread

mmbma

It seems that the ME has the same shutter release thread as the new M240, which means my soft releases from the M9 and the Mono cannot be used... I really don't understand this decision

Double Negative

Not Available
As does the M Monochrom. They moved to a new design, and all current cameras use the same - so that part, at least, makes sense.

From our Match Technical Soft Releases Review:

"One last quick set of notes. If you're shooting with an M-E or M Monochrom then let them know when ordering as these bodies require a shorter thread due to a slight difference in shutter release design... "

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
And my old soft releases fell off the Mono consistently...the new Match Tech release works as the old ones did on the M8 M8.2 M9 M9-P....

Of note, the old ones work well on the Sony RX-1r.

Bob

Last edited:

henningw

As noted in previous threads from 6 mo. ago, the thread design has changed. Abrahamsson Softies have also been modified and now work correctly.

Henning

Duane Pandorf

I have trimmed a bit off the end of the threads and can get a couple older soft releases to work fine. But then I've found I prefer shooting without a release.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
I should have added - I only used them to try out - I never use a softie in real life, thoroughly dislike theexperience.