The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

If you are shy about getting close in street shooting......(don't view at work)

mmbma

Then there perhaps is something to be learned from the audacity of this man, photographing himself grabbing 100 female breasts during Burning man. After this series has gone viral, the photographer has attracted both accolades and criticisms.

Let's leave out the right and wrong for a moment and focus on the photography. It isn't half bad. These shots were clearly not staged (meaning with hired models), and both the photographer and the subjects seemed to be having fun.

So, is "don't afraid to ask and get close" the moral here? or does that only apply to Burning man?

mmbma

I have a major problem of getting close to subjects and ask to take a photo, let alone do something like this. And there's the issue of focusing my leica single handed

V

Vivek

I have a major problem of getting close to subjects and ask to take a photo, let alone do something like this. And there's the issue of focusing my leica single handed
1. Lose the lenshood.

2. Gordy' strap. Classy yet secure. Oh, lose the lens cap as well, for best results! :D

250swb

Let's leave out the right and wrong for a moment and focus on the photography. It isn't half bad.
People who go to events like that are 'up for it', they want to be noticed. So what is so great about photographing people who are desperate to be photographed? It is just tourism, where the tourists go to see each other. I really can't see what you are looking at (other than the obvious) to say this "isn't half bad".

Steve

alajuela

People who go to events like that are 'up for it', they want to be noticed. So what is so great about photographing people who are desperate to be photographed? It is just tourism, where the tourists go to see each other. I really can't see what you are looking at (other than the obvious) to say this "isn't half bad".

Steve
It is totally bad :eek:

DDudenbostel

I used to walk up to my wife with a camera, raise the camera to my eye, reach to move her hair or pose her head and instead grab her nose and quickly snap a picture. I can see now Im going to have to change my technique. ;)

I love this guy!!!

No burning man is not a bunch of drug craised nuts or exhibitionists.

zombii

That might work at Burning Man but I wouldn't try it on a city street. (unless you want to see the inside of a jail)

retow

I`d like to see the ones when he got punched into his face or kicked elsewhere. Would be much more interesting than these.