The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Intros New Travel Tripod and Ballheads

Ari

Just joining this now.
My disclaimer is that I am the distributor for FLM in North America.
Regarding cork, here is the blurb from our upcoming new catalogue:

Not all cork is the same: Using only a rubber surface will increase the vibration characteristics.
Using only a cork surface will make it highly sensitive to weather conditions. This is why FLM exclusively uses a cork/rubber blend between the camera and our products. It combines both benefits: The cork serves as vibration dampening – similar to cork floors – while the rubber ensures weather resistance and adhesion, to ensure good support
for your camera.

The engineers at FLM spend their time figuring out this kind of stuff; I know it's ok to rag on cork these days, but I've never had one iota of an issue with any FLM tripod or QR clamp/plate that uses their cork/rubber hybrid.
I use everything from 8x10 all the way down to 4/3 digital, and I've not once had any kind of slippage.