The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

One Year with a Leica M

JohnBrew

I certainly agree with your assessment of the rangefinder versus EVF. And a big thank for your reportage.

Mike Woods

A nice write up, as usual, Jono.

If I remember rightly, you were an advocate of Daylight WB with the M9? Is your approach now to use Auto WB exclusively?

By the way, 40,000 clicks?! :shocked:

All the best

Mike

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Excellent report Jono!

Even as I still do not shoot the M, reading your lines makes me nervous to get one asap :)

Thanks

Peter

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Very disappointing.....

40K exposures and I get to see 11 - whole lotta good stuff I would love to catch up on......:ROTFL:

And I still think you can make any box with a hole in the front sing.

Nice report...

Warm regards,

Bob

jonoslack

A nice write up, as usual, Jono.

If I remember rightly, you were an advocate of Daylight WB with the M9? Is your approach now to use Auto WB exclusively?

By the way, 40,000 clicks?! :shocked:

All the best

Mike
Hi Mike. I guess testing requires many unnecessary clicks.

With respect to AWB. I've quietly gone back to Daylight WB, the rules haven't changed!

So, no change!

jonoslack

Very disappointing.....

40K exposures and I get to see 11 - whole lotta good stuff I would love to catch up on......:ROTFL:

And I still think you can make any box with a hole in the front sing.

Nice report...

Warm regards,

Bob
Hi Bob.
Various people (well, 2). Suggested that I should restrain myself, Admittedly, I had already reduced 40,000 to about 100. Do you think I should post the other 89?

All the best

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hi Bob.
Various people (well, 2). Suggested that I should restrain myself, Admittedly, I had already reduced 40,000 to about 100. Do you think I should post the other 89?

All the best
Well YES ..unless one of them was Alfred Schopf.

Perhaps a limited access gallery is in order...shame all the doubters!

As always...humbled by the day and those who seize it.

Bob

MCTuomey

Simply makes me look forward to the day I own and use one, photo gods willing.

I was shooting my MM in a dark club couple weeks ago where the framelines were difficult to see and I kept running up against the buffer. Which makes me say to myself repeatedly "ahh, an M would be so nice, so nice, so nice ..."

Thanks, Jono :)

jonoslack

Simply makes me look forward to the day I own and use one, photo gods willing.

I was shooting my MM in a dark club couple weeks ago where the framelines were difficult to see and I kept running up against the buffer. Which makes me say to myself repeatedly "ahh, an M would be so nice, so nice, so nice ..."

Thanks, Jono :)
HI There
I love my MM (and it's better at higher ISO), but the M just works - shooting today in a very dark Tannery, and it was a positive joy to use.

all the best

jonoslack

Jono, ignore my email. This last post has supplied the answer. And thank you.
Hi John
I wouldn't dream of ignoring you - just relieved to see that what I wrote a month ago agrees with what I wrote today! (quite an achievement I'd say!)

jonoslack

Thank you so much Brad - a piece of fluff in the larger scale of things, but if you enjoyed it then that was what was intended :)