The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Voigtlander 12mm lenns on Leica M240

felix5616

I would like to hear from any Leica M240 users that have used the voigtlander 12mm lens. I am interested in edge sharpness, chromatic abberation and colr shifts and how well the lens performs on the M240.

J S H

I would like to hear from any Leica M240 users that have used the voigtlander 12mm lens. I am interested in edge sharpness, chromatic abberation and colr shifts and how well the lens performs on the M240.
It performs quite well. If you can remember to code it as 21mm 11134 before you shoot, you shouldn't need to do much besides normal processing. It is sharp with very minimal CA wide open. I usually use it at f5.6 or f8, stopping down any further doesn't seem to help with vignetting or sharpness. It may not be perfect, but it definitely works for me. The live view makes all the difference in the world for framing.

The 12mm shot was handheld at f8, 1/90, ISO 400, processed in cornerfix & LR5 (I always forget to put the code in before I shoot, so cornerfix has to bail me out).

The 12mm was actually wider than I wanted for this shot, but the 21 SEM was perfect. The second image is from the 21.