The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone heard anything?

Double Negative

Not Available
Not even a reskinned new Panasonic? :eek:
:wtf: You'd think something like that would be easy to spit out, but nope. I'm not sure what to say, LOL. Who knows. Maybe a last minute deal fell through, something couldn't be done in time - or, there's just nothing new coming for a while. Only Leica knows for sure.

V

Vivek

Oops!:eek: My apologies.

Now, I have to get back to the Panasonic GM1. A big let down.

jonoslack

Oops!:eek: My apologies.

Now, I have to get back to the Panasonic GM1. A big let down.
Ah well - some you win, some you lose!

I will not get a GM1, I will not get a GM1, I will not get a GM1

:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

jonoslack

:wtf: You'd think something like that would be easy to spit out, but nope. I'm not sure what to say, LOL. Who knows. Maybe a last minute deal fell through, something couldn't be done in time - or, there's just nothing new coming for a while. Only Leica knows for sure.
They only brought out the C a couple of months ago - you only want to spit out a Panasonic once a year :). I expect there will be something in the spring. I'm still sad that there isn't a µ43 body though - seems like a missed opportunity.

:dh2:

thrice

My bet is on photokina or start of German financial year if Leica are going to announce anything major.

Double Negative

Not Available
Photokina is pretty late in the year, so I'm not too sure about that one. I'd bet on major stuff being held out for that. But the beginning of Q1 sounds reasonable for compacts, etc.

algrove

Leica should stuff an OLED in place of the RF and call it whatever they want as long as it is FF and 24MP, it will sell well and keep new customers buying M lenses.

I'd consider one for a backup to my M. Would they get away with calling it a Mini M even though it has no RF?

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Leica should stuff an OLED in place of the RF and call it whatever they want as long as it is FF and 24MP, it will sell well and keep new customers buying M lenses.

I'd consider one for a backup to my M. Would they get away with calling it a Mini M even though it has no RF?
Leica should do this. Sony may eat their lunch if Leica wides work decently well on the A7r.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Leica should do this. Sony may eat their lunch if Leica wides work decently well on the A7r.
I think not; Leica’s core business is selling lenses. If they can sell a considerable number of them to other-brand owners that is good for their bottom line.

roanjoh

A rebranded GX7 - and double the price?! Nah, I would sooner get the EM1.

A rebranded GM1 however, with the Leica logo...........now we might be talking.