Site Sponsors

Thread: Best adaptor for Nikon lens on an M240?

Post Thanks / Like

Best adaptor for Nikon lens on an M240?

Yes I know it is heresy but I want to try a Nikon mount 150mm macro on my M240 prior to ebaying the lens if it doesn't work out too well.

Any advice you could give on which adaptor would be appreciated. Thx.
    Olaf

Olaf Willoughby creative explorations in photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best adaptor for Nikon lens on an M240?

Quote Originally Posted by olaf View Post
    Yes I know it is heresy but I want to try a Nikon mount 150mm macro on my M240 prior to ebaying the lens if it doesn't work out too well.
    The best quality adapters are the ones from Novoflex, but they're expensive to buy if it's just a trial.

G

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sigma macro 150mm?? Check how super teles do on the M. A 150mm macro lens (at macro magnifications) is a super tele. No need for an adapter purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Sigma macro 150mm?? Check how super teles do on the M. A 150mm macro lens (at macro magnifications) is a super tele. No need for an adapter purchase.
    Hi Vivek
    Well identified The full title is Sigma 150mm f2.8, APO Macro EX DG OS. But I don't understand your comment re no adaptor needed? I have to attach it to the M240 somehow - sounds like I'm missing something here..... please explain... thx.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Olaf,

I thought this thread offered some insight but it is all about various gear possibilities, it seems: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/leica/49...rtunities.html

When you get close (say 1/5X, thereabouts and to 1X), it is like a super tele. The most, I would be concerned about is how the microlenses in M handle that. One can not have a sensor optimized for wides and teles (same as macros). I say this based on my experience with the MM (very different sensor/microlenses though) which is quite disappointing (it is great but not stellar) for macros.

Hope that clarifies my earlier post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    The best quality adapters are the ones from Novoflex, but they're expensive to buy if it's just a trial.

G
    Yep it certainly is expensive! But thanks for the lead. I'll probably experiment with a cheaper alternative first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Hi Olaf,

I thought this thread offered some insight but it is all about various gear possibilities, it seems: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/leica/49...rtunities.html

When you get close (say 1/5X, thereabouts and to 1X), it is like a super tele. The most, I would be concerned about is how the microlenses in M handle that. One can not have a sensor optimized for wides and teles (same as macros). I say this based on my experience with the MM (very different sensor/microlenses though) which is quite disappointing (it is great but not stellar) for macros.

Hope that clarifies my earlier post.
    Hi Vivek
    Yep I've got the point now. Thanks for your help.