The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

leica 21 asph

carstenw

Well, I am not as concerned with the absolute size of one lens, but of about 4 lenses in total, and it does add up :) I prefer the size and weight budget to be spent where I use it the most, ie. 35 Lux Asph rather than Cron, etc.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
All this talk of the 21.
Just had to get one.
Looks like it does not need an accessory finder at all. The entire finder view seems about a match to the 21's fov more or less.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I have ordered a couple of heavy2stars' 55mm wide lens hoods. I hope that these will work since I am happy with the way that his regular 46mm hood works on the 28mm 2.8 ASPH.
-bob

Terry

bob,
Would you send a link to which one you ordered. It seemed like the wide got pretty wide and I wasn't sure if it was going to block more of the view finder.

thanks,
terry

Terry

Thanks Guy,
I just ordered it. When I went looking before, I saw one that seemed wider and didn't think it was right....so I figured I would hold tight and visually see what you and Jack had once I was out in Moab. Now you just saved me room in my bag.....which is pretty full from my GAS.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I will when I get it.
Have you tried the Armstrong adjuster on it yet?
-bob

D

Digital Dude

CV 21/4 P with M mount. Has roughly the same size as the Summicron 35/2 IV.

Photos like this make me wish I opted for the 28-Elmarit instead of my 28-‘cron. I could have been well on my way with a 21-Elmarit by now. Oh well, L&L.
Regards,:cry:

LCT

Photos like this make me wish I opted for the 28-Elmarit instead of my 28-‘cron. I could have been well on my way with a 21-Elmarit by now...
Really? I own both and even if i like much the little Elmarit i find the Summicron better for its less contrasty rendering and its smoother bokeh. Probably one of the very best Leica lenses ever made IMHO.

D

Digital Dude

Really? I own both and even if i like much the little Elmarit i find the Summicron better for its less contrasty rendering and its smoother bokeh. Probably one of the very best Leica lenses ever made IMHO.
Thanks, I needed that!:salute:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Photos like this make me wish I opted for the 28-Elmarit instead of my 28-‘cron. I could have been well on my way with a 21-Elmarit by now. Oh well, L&L.
Regards,:cry:
I've owned em all too... That said, given limited funds I would not give up the 28 Cron to get a 21 Elmarit, instead I'd buy the 28 Cron first then get a CV 21 until I could afford the 21 Elmarit. You've chosen wisely :)

Cheers,

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I could not agree more. The 28 cron is the only lens I would want if i had only one choice. I agree with LCT probably the best leica lens around.

Coming from a extreme lens junkie that says a lot for the 28 cron.