The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

solution for Leica M grip with Arca Swiss plate?

d.clin.design

Does anyone have a good solution to use the new Leica M grip with an Arca Swiss dovetail for tripod mount?

I like what RRS did with the bottom plate replacement for the tripod mount but I want all the feature of the Leica M grip that can also support the dovetail.

I know you can always attach a generic plate, but it always gets in the way or comes loose. Not to mention it becomes an extra piece that I'll loose when I travel.

d.clin.design

I'm talking about the Leica Multifunctional handgrip with the gps/hotshoe/etc.

does anyone know if RRS will come out with a solution for the Multifunctional handgrip?

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Unfortunately, I don't think RRS can do with the multi function grip what they did with just plain unfeatured grip (which I think is better than the OEM). That means you would be relegated to an add-on Arca Swiss plate. But maybe I'm wrong. You could always give RRS a call; I have always found them very responsive and helpful on the phone or by email. Then you'll know for sure.

Kirk enterprises also does some good work.

I think the problem will be that the MF grip is full of electronics that are proprietary to Leica. It isn't just a matter of taking measurements and reverse engineering/machining to fit.

TLiu

I'm talking about the Leica Multifunctional handgrip with the gps/hotshoe/etc.

does anyone know if RRS will come out with a solution for the Multifunctional handgrip?
I got a standard grip from Leica. I am using a RRS B6 plate. I did not have to remove the plate when unscrewing the grip off, though there would be some noise when rotating the screw on the grip (there is no rubbing mark on the grip from that though.)

algrove

I have both M grips and for the simple grip I have had the RRS L bracket (MC-L) machined to allow free spinning of the thumb screw and also cut back the non swivel lip of the L bracket so it fits under the grip.

Check out the LUF where I posted photos on a grip thread.

algrove

I have had this same RRS L bracket machined even more and now it fits and stays on the MF grip so that one can now remove grip with MC-L attached and change battery and/or SD card with ease.