Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: My M240 Goes to India

  1. #1
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    My M240 Goes to India

    Over the past several weeks, I have been able to spend time in India wandering through marvelously colorful, crowded and noisy marketplaces in Dehli and Bangalore. On this trip, it was all-M240 all-of-the-time. Here's a link to a tumblr blog where I've posted some of the shots. I'm hoping to return again early in the new year.

    Here's the link:
    LeicaM240Images



  2. #2
    Senior Member ceh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My M240 Goes to India

    Beautiful pictures, beautiful place, beautiful people, beautiful photos.
    Bravo Kurt.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #3
    Not Available
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My M240 Goes to India

    Lovely, Kurt! Love the direct engagement of the subjects. Wonderful color.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #4
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1253

    Re: My M240 Goes to India

    one of the most colorful places in the world as well
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #5
    Member Seascape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My M240 Goes to India

    Beautiful photos Kurt, I just love the 3Dimensionality of these images.

    Makes me wonder about the lens used, I'm guessing the 50 Lux ASPH because of the the 3D look to the Bokeh, am I close ??

  6. #6
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My M240 Goes to India

    Simply lovely Kirk. One of the characteristics that make the vast majority of your images successful is the way you keenly capture eye contact with your subjects and yet include elements of their surroundings in order to put them and their environment in context.

    Really well done!

    Dave (D&A)
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #7
    Senior Member segedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My M240 Goes to India

    Yes, very well done indeed!
    Not a random assortment of shots, but a coherent set of portraits showing daily life.
    Segedi.com

    flickr
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #8
    Senior Member JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My M240 Goes to India

    Kurt, are you still in Delhi? If so, consider visiting Majnu ka Tilla. It's the largest Tibetan settlement outside of Dharamsala. I've been to Delhi many times but only discovered it on the last visit. Well worth a trip and right off the GTB metro stop. A very different visual experience than the rest of India.

    A few images from my brief visit: http://www.johnwolf.net/p427108807/.

    John
    web site | tumblr
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #9
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: My M240 Goes to India

    Seascape, about 90% of the photos are with the 35lux FLE and the other 10% are with the 21SEM. I like to get close.

    CEH, Double Negative, JLM, Dave and Segedi … thanks for the nice comments … they are much appreciated.

    John, this was my first time in Dehli so I was satisfied with just getting lost in old Dehli for a few days. Hopefully I can get back there again soon. If so, Majnu ka Tilla would be at the top of the list. Thanks for pointing it out. I like the images that you show in your link from the area.

  10. #10
    Member Seascape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My M240 Goes to India

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Seascape, about 90% of the photos are with the 35lux FLE and the other 10% are with the 21SEM. I like to get close.
    Interesting, well it is certainly working for you.
    I normally shoot with a 35 Lux ASPH (non FLE), and a 24 Elmarit.

    I'm looking forward to using them with my recently purchased M240.
    Viewing this series has been very helpful, thanks Kurt.
    Last edited by Seascape; 7th December 2013 at 21:02.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  11. #11
    Senior Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My M240 Goes to India

    Kurt, I really enjoy your images, as always. They are very inspirational! Thank you for sharing. These reminded me of your images that you posted a while ago using your Leica S2.

    Viewing your images as a set, I did notice that color rendering of the M240 is different than that of your S2 images, including B&W. I am wondering if you were using a different processing techniques on your M240. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #12
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My M240 Goes to India

    Kurt - great images. I believe one can see the you can get a good "connection" to the people you photograph.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •