The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom 5 and M9/MM

MCTuomey

In the process of trying to load the Huelight M9 Color Profiles into Lightroom 5, I notice that in the Camera Raw folder (where all the profiles for supported cameras are stored), there are no profiles for the M9 at all. M8, S2, X-series, all there, but no M9 profiles. I had no idea that there were support issue for the M9 in LR5 :eek:

Hosermage

Are you talking about the *.dcp files?

Here are my partial dir listing:

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Resources/CameraProfiles/Adobe Standard

-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55844 Dec 2 12:32 Leica Digilux 2 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55838 Dec 2 12:32 Leica M8 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55846 Dec 2 12:32 Leica M8 Digital Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55852 Dec 2 12:32 Leica M8 Digital Camera Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55838 Dec 2 12:32 Leica S2 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55842 Dec 2 12:32 Leica V-LUX 1 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55842 Dec 2 12:32 Leica V-LUX 2 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 120690 Dec 2 12:32 Leica V-LUX 3 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 120690 Dec 2 12:32 Leica V-LUX 4 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55846 Dec 2 12:32 M8 Digital Camera Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 54562 Dec 2 12:32 M9 Digital Camera Adobe Standard.dcp

Duane Pandorf

In the process of trying to load the Huelight M9 Color Profiles into Lightroom 5, I notice that in the Camera Raw folder (where all the profiles for supported cameras are stored), there are no profiles for the M9 at all. M8, S2, X-series, all there, but no M9 profiles. I had no idea that there were support issue for the M9 in LR5 :eek:
If you haven't installed your own profiles (*.dcp) files you're not going to have any profiles in the Camera Raw Folder for the M9. The two defaults you can choose from are "Embedded or Adobe Standard".

Its not a support issue so to speak as Leica has not created any specific profile in their DNG file like some of the other camera companies do in their RAW files (Nikon, Canon, etc.)

I've been using the Huelight profiles for my M-E and like them a lot. If I want to add some punch by default I will use the Embedded profile. I don't care for the Adobe Standard profile.

MCTuomey

Are you talking about the *.dcp files?

Here are my partial dir listing:

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Resources/CameraProfiles/Adobe Standard

-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55844 Dec 2 12:32 Leica Digilux 2 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55838 Dec 2 12:32 Leica M8 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55846 Dec 2 12:32 Leica M8 Digital Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55852 Dec 2 12:32 Leica M8 Digital Camera Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55838 Dec 2 12:32 Leica S2 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55842 Dec 2 12:32 Leica V-LUX 1 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55842 Dec 2 12:32 Leica V-LUX 2 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 120690 Dec 2 12:32 Leica V-LUX 3 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 120690 Dec 2 12:32 Leica V-LUX 4 Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 55846 Dec 2 12:32 M8 Digital Camera Adobe Standard.dcp
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 54562 Dec 2 12:32 M9 Digital Camera Adobe Standard.dcp
Arg, I'm an idiot - I didn't see them below the alpha-sorted "Leica" preface section, where they do appear in the CameraProfiles>Adobe Standard folder. Thanks!

If you haven't installed your own profiles (*.dcp) files you're not going to have any profiles in the Camera Raw Folder for the M9. The two defaults you can choose from are "Embedded or Adobe Standard".

Its not a support issue so to speak as Leica has not created any specific profile in their DNG file like some of the other camera companies do in their RAW files (Nikon, Canon, etc.)

I've been using the Huelight profiles for my M-E and like them a lot. If I want to add some punch by default I will use the Embedded profile. I don't care for the Adobe Standard profile.
Duane, could you check and let me know where you installed/copied the Huelight profiles? I placed mine in the CameraProfiles folder, but LR5 doesn't recognize them, apparently, only options in Camera Config are "Embedded" and "Adobe Standard."

Duane Pandorf

Duane, could you check and let me know where you installed/copied the Huelight profiles? I placed mine in the CameraProfiles folder, but LR5 doesn't recognize them, apparently, only options in Camera Config are "Embedded" and "Adobe Standard."
Mine are in the the same folder you've placed yours.

Did you restart LR5?

Duane Pandorf

Working now! Was one folder off in the placement, Duane, thanks.
I will be real interested in what you think about the Huelight profiles! I sometimes use the default "Medium Contrast" selection in the Tone Curve panel and compare it to how the Huelight CF High looks.

MCTuomey

I will be real interested in what you think about the Huelight profiles! I sometimes use the default "Medium Contrast" selection in the Tone Curve panel and compare it to how the Huelight CF High looks.
Will post after I work with them, Duane. Like you, I'm not a big fan of Adobe Standard. On the other hand, Embedded shows too much red in skin tones for me, though I like it for 'scapes and other stuff.

CVickery

I used the Huelight profiles for the M9 and liked them a lot. I'm waiting ...somewhat patiently... for M240 profiles. :)