The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Italian Flag.

postman

Does anybody have a recipe for removing Leica's Italian flag effect quickly and seamlessly in post?

Thank-you.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
For any given lens+aperture combo you only need to shoot one LCC. You can then save that as a preset for easy application to your files. Technically focus distance matters as well, but it's a very minor effect unless your focus distance is drastically different (macro vs. infinity).

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Which also means you can shoot the LCC well AFTER you took the original image and it will still work ;) You can also build and save a database of LCC's for you lenses at various apertures. (In reality, I've found that like for distance, aperture does not make much difference either after about f4 either.)

postman

OK. I have created an LCC for the 21mm Elmar. I have applied it to my image and instead of the cast being removed it becomes stronger. Almost as if the LCC is adding the cast back in, instead of neutralizing it. Any other ideas. I can't reshoot the image and I had never had the problem with my M8 or M9 so never used LCC profiles with M. My lenses are not coded so I have the problem that the camera firmware was not able to do any correction.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
OK. I have created an LCC for the 21mm Elmar. I have applied it to my image and instead of the cast being removed it becomes stronger. Almost as if the LCC is adding the cast back in, instead of neutralizing it. Any other ideas. I can't reshoot the image and I had never had the problem with my M8 or M9 so never used LCC profiles with M. My lenses are not coded so I have the problem that the camera firmware was not able to do any correction.
Cornerfix. Or the Adobe flatfield plugin for LR or PS:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/lightroomplugins.html

Easier to get your lenses coded, though, it is part of the M system.