The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Large panorama installation

aboudd

Two large panoramas, one dawn, one late afternoon, of my Washington skyline shots are being installed in a luxury apartment building in Arlington, VA. The effective size is 42 inches by 17 feet.

The panoramas were taken with the S2/120MM combo and were a stitch of 7 images.

mmbma

why couldn't you print that on a scroll printer and mount as one image? I personally hate the gaps between my pano shots

Scott Tansey

I have been working with stitched panoramas of Los Angeles that are about 20 feet long. Most of them were taken with the S2P with the 180 mm lens. I printed them on my Epson 7900 using Image Print 9. Here are a couple samples. Obviously they are not at full resolution. The images stretch from Downtown LA to Century City.

Scott

Last edited:

scott kirkpatrick

The images stretch from Downtown LA to Century City.

Scott
Downtown to Century City is 10 miles, not 20 feet. But seriously, can you provide a link to something big enough to peep around in? 77 x 1200 doesn't
let me see how the buildings change as you go out from the center of town.

And how will they be mounted?

scott

Scott Tansey

Hello Scott,

Please send me a private message, and maybe I can get you something to look at. My stock agent told me that there is mounting that can be rolled up.

Scott
scotttanseyphoto.com