The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M240 color profile in DNG

mmbma

Just got a M240. excuse my n00b question please.

I set the camera on DNG and vivid film color. Don't want the hassel of creating both DNG and JPG. when I import them into lightroom the color profile is lost, and I'm left with a neutral DNG file. Anyway we can retain the color profiles in lightroom?

JWW

The film mode is only for the JPEG files. Here's the quote from the M instruction book page 169:

"Note:
The functions and settings described in the next two sections refer exclusively to pictures in one of the JPEG formats. If one of the two DNG formats is specified, these settings have no effect, as in this case the picture data is always saved in its original form."

If a certain preset setting is desired, then that can be setup in your post processing software (I use C1 Pro7).