Site Sponsors

Thread: M Screen protector?

Post Thanks / Like

M Screen protector?

Hello Leica M owners, would you please advise me on screen protector for the camera (I just place an order, should have in couple of weeks). Firstly is it necessary and if so what size. I would prefer the Giottos brand as I used that before on different camera and it seems to be good quality. Thanks for your help in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: M Screen protector?

I use a cut down iPhone screen protector, the Gorilla glass is pretty tough (not as tough as the Sapphire glass of the Monochrom) so it is just a simple and effective extra element of protection like wearing a belt and braces.

Steve

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Giotto makes a 2.5" one for the M9 and I had one on mine. I have the M9-P now and it has the sapphire glass. I'm sure Giotto makes something similar for the M240 but I'd check the website to be sure on the model number.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

There have been many posts on this topic on l-camera-forum. There is a Giottos model that is a close fit but not exact from what I have read. Several forum members recommend the ACMAXX polycarbonate protector as the best fitting, rigid (non-film, iPhone type) protector. I have one but find that it is easily displaced by the half case I have on my M. Not a great solution but it seems there is no perfect answer at the moment.