Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Leica's new APS-C Interchangeable lens camera

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Leica's new APS-C Interchangeable lens camera

Apple manages to ship products worldwide with almost no regulatory markings on them because they are clever and have figured out how to refer to that information without having to put it on the devices.

Leica needs to take a lesson from them...
    Last edited by bradhusick; 17th July 2014 at 09:06.
    Brad Husick

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Brad,
    I had seen that but wasn't sure if that was what final production was going to look like.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bradhusick View Post
    Apple manages to ship products worldwide with almost no regulatory markings on them because they are clever and have figured out how to refer to that information without having to put it on the devices.

You mean like this from the bottom of my newish MacBook Pro?

I suspect what you posted is first run or pre-release markings. If not, eh? whatever. This stuff has to be on the devices somewhere to comply with regulations.

G

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I was thinking more along the lines of the iPhone. Similar but not as complex.
    Brad Husick

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking more along the lines of the iPhone. Similar but not as complex.
    I believe that cell phones are in a different regulatory class for marking requirements. The iPad and iPad mini have similar markings (very small and difficult to see) to the MacBook Pro and cameras.

This from the Olympus E-M1:

I suspect the labeling you see on the T at present is either early production or pre-release, it might be tuned and prettified further in regular production run.
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The BBC magazine has a piece about the 45 minute polishing video, asking if it's the most boring ad ever created:

BBC News - Ad breakdown: Has Leica made the most boring advert ever?
    Sláinte

Robert.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Campbell View Post
    The BBC magazine has a piece about the 45 minute polishing video, asking if it's the most boring ad ever created:

BBC News - Ad breakdown: Has Leica made the most boring advert ever?
    Well Robert - if the BBC write an article about it, then it seems to me that it's a pretty masterful piece of marketing!

Just this guy you know
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I found the 45 minute commercial to be a breakthrough in conceptual art, worthy of a Warhol, with a voiceover that was pure poetry. The BBC is just being Philistine again.

scott

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm ashamed to say I only managed a few minutes - but I did realise that it was a fantastic idea.

Just this guy you know
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I went to have a play with the camera today. Interesting that the shop had an aluminum brick and a milled one to show the different stages. So obviously they feel this process is very important to demonstrate.

I just need a longer prime than the 23mm.
    terry
    www.terrybanet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jono,
    Since you have had more time with the T can you tell me if the lens lettering is engraved and then painted or just painted on surface? Same on camera body. I got to handle one for a little bit yesterday and forgot to check (old age thing ). I was impressed with my brief try but I screwed up on the images I took in that I didn't have my glasses on and thought ISO was set to 200 and it was in fact set to 800. Still, nice IQ for 800. I have one on order. AF was slower than I would have liked but very quiet and seemed to be accurate but I would need more hands on time to know for sure. I ordered one.
    V/r John

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I went to have a play with the camera today. Interesting that the shop had an aluminum brick and a milled one to show the different stages. So obviously they feel this process is very important to demonstrate.

I just need a longer prime than the 23mm.
    I figure if I go for this camera, I'll get the adapter and use the M-Rokkor 40/2 and 90/4 with it, in addition to the 23/2. I've always liked the combination of APS-C format and 40mm focal length ... kind of a long normal. And the little 90mm makes a good telephoto for APS-C too.

With these lenses, the T becomes the Leica CL digital I've been waiting for. (The X2 is already kinda the Rollei 35S digital for me ...)

G

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That 45 minute video makes me wonder exactly how bad I might feel when I smash the camera against a rock.
    -bob

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    That 45 minute video makes me wonder exactly how bad I might feel when I smash the camera against a rock.
    -bob
    Bad. Makes me wince just thinking of it. :-\

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny, that "boring ad." It's so boring that it's gone viral!

I'd say it's genius, rather than boring. But definitely not for everyone...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Campbell View Post
    I prefer the sequel where you just watch the battery charge;
    a clever subliminal message about producing 'gas' .
    Ian.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy mother of )_(#%$ that's hideous. At least put it on a sticker that we can pull OFF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

-bob
    bad bob, but you made me laugh!

(and i needed that as i'm spending my daylight hours being attacked by hungry birds )
    my flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

-bob
    Solid lump of metal like that? You'd break the rock!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by barjohn View Post
    Jono,
    Since you have had more time with the T can you tell me if the lens lettering is engraved and then painted or just painted on surface? Same on camera body. I got to handle one for a little bit yesterday and forgot to check (old age thing ). I was impressed with my brief try but I screwed up on the images I took in that I didn't have my glasses on and thought ISO was set to 200 and it was in fact set to 800. Still, nice IQ for 800. I have one on order. AF was slower than I would have liked but very quiet and seemed to be accurate but I would need more hands on time to know for sure. I ordered one.
    Hi John
    on the lens it seems to be painted, on the camera body it's engraved, and the stuff on the bottom is pretty inoffensive in real life. That ISO thing! the second dial defaults to ISO and is easy to change without noticing - you can change it something different, and the problem is gone.

all the best

Just this guy you know

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, on the bottom plate it's laser etched; same process Apple uses.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

A camera ad going on ad nauseam about metallurgical processes!

Major shareholder almost wanting to do a selfie.

Trying to sell a mediocre product to be seen with..like that unfortunate lady looking through a M camera with the lens hood attached!

Fanboys that cannot but sing its praises..look do not compare this camera with others on the basis of imaging technicals, price etc...

It stands above all..see the poor soul grinding the metal by hand for 45 minutes!

Look at the pedigree. Only the plebs shall be unappreciative of it.

But you, the crime de la creme, those that appreciate the finer things in life will understand.

Handcrafted German engineering ( with a bit of help from Japanese and American designers that use robotics for production ) for you the elite suckers.

Did anyone watch the ' best club in the world ' play Real Madrid in the Champeon's League semi-final.

Know the result? That is the result I come up with when I dot my ' Is ' and cross my ' Ts '

I choose not to be a sucker from those born every minute or tens of years.

YMMV.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

wow, lots of anger there.

get a massage and listen to some soothing rainfall sounds.
    Brad Husick
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    A camera ad going on ad nauseam about metallurgical processes!

Major shareholder almost wanting to do a selfie.

Trying to sell a mediocre product to be seen with..like that unfortunate lady looking through a M camera with the lens hood attached!

Fanboys that cannot but sing its praises..look do not compare this camera with others on the basis of imaging technicals, price etc...

It stands above all..see the poor soul grinding the metal by hand for 45 minutes!

Look at the pedigree. Only the plebs shall be unappreciative of it.

But you, the crime de la creme, those that appreciate the finer things in life will understand.

Handcrafted German engineering ( with a bit of help from Japanese and American designers that use robotics for production ) for you the elite suckers.

Did anyone watch the ' best club in the world ' play Real Madrid in the Champeon's League semi-final.

Know the result? That is the result I come up with when I dot my ' Is ' and cross my ' Ts '

I choose not to be a sucker from those born every minute or tens of years.

YMMV.
    Ray - you're turning into a grumpy old man, and it doesn't suit you. (I'm afraid I'm beyond redemption )

Marketing is a time honoured tradition, and accusing people of being suckers because they don't agree with you is not polite.

Nobody is forced to buy a Leica T, and no wool is being pulled over anybody's eyes. Everybody can try one in a Leica store, and there are thousands of images available to ponder over.

Sure - you don't want one (I'm sticking with my M) but hey, there's no need to insult those that do (is there?)

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Steve P. View Post
    Solid lump of metal like that? You'd break the rock!
    Actually after holding the lump of aluminum and then the milled shell and the camera....it is amazing how little of the camera weight is in the aluminum.
    terry
    www.terrybanet.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Ray - you're turning into a grumpy old man, and it doesn't suit you. (I'm afraid I'm beyond redemption )

Marketing is a time honoured tradition, and accusing people of being suckers because they don't agree with you is not polite.

Nobody is forced to buy a Leica T, and no wool is being pulled over anybody's eyes. Everybody can try one in a Leica store, and there are thousands of images available to ponder over.

Sure - you don't want one (I'm sticking with my M) but hey, there's no need to insult those that do (is there?)
    Jono, I consider paying over the odds for a product for which numerous equivalent ( even better products at lesser cost ) to be getting caught up into a marketing hype. One who falls for such a scheme is, to say the least, one who shall part with his/her money purely for the hype. Asking someone not to be ' sucked ' into such enticing ( and oh so boring ) marketing tactics is not an insult.

But a service for people to weigh the alternatives available and also to hear alternate advice.

I consider telling people not to compare one product with another on the basis of
    technology, price/performance but based on a ' brand ' to be arrogant.

I apologise if my post calls someone a sucker. That was and never shall be the intention.

Being grumpy ( the both of us are ) is a part of becoming wise!! And wise people should advise the young huns not to part with their money that easily.

Polished metal indeed. Polished diamonds..yes.

And btw, Rolex is a bad comparison. It to is a ho hum product. There are much more expensive ones out there. If one wants to indulge in snobbery.

Making images..my old lady is not a photographer, but she can easily make equally good photographs with her D-Lux 4 ( she bought it for the red dot against my advice ). That proves nothing.

As for me, I can rattle of equally good snaps with my ' unpolished ' and plastic fuji.

I have noted perviously..YMMV. You have a right to disagree with me. But I do believe this Leica ' T ' is an emperor with no clothes.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jono, I consider paying over the odds for a product for which numerous equivalent ( even better products at lesser cost ) to be getting caught up into a marketing hype. One who falls for such a scheme is, to say the least, one who shall part with his/her money purely for the hype. Asking someone not to be ' sucked ' into such enticing ( and oh so boring ) marketing tactics is not an insult.
    Better is a relative term in these circumstances Ray - I'd certainly say that the image quality is better than the Fuji (for instance), but that's because I don't like the Fuji greens.
    Nobody - at least Nobody I've read has suggested that this camera is a good value/performance proposition. But it's a lovely thing, and has a different and interesting interface - you don't need to be a sucker to be interested in that.

Being grumpy ( the both of us are ) is a part of becoming wise!! And wise people should advise the young huns not to part with their money that easily.
    Well, I do disagree here - I think that being grumpy is just an unpleasant symptom of getting old and forgetting that there are other ways of looking at things than our own. I fight it whenever I can

Making images..my old lady is not a photographer, but she can easily make equally good photographs with her D-Lux 4 ( she bought it for the red dot against my advice ). That proves nothing.
    Good is also a relative term - your wife certainly takes excellent photos with her D-lux4 (which probably cost about half as much as a Leica T body and more than twice as much as the identical Panasonic). But in terms of technical image quality they will come nowhere near it.

You pays your money and you makes your choice (as your wife did), and so do I, and to tell people that they are being hyped when they make a choice you disagree with seems, well, uncalled for!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ray, go try the T and then give us your opinion. If you're looking for lots and lots of opinions, try other forums.
    Last edited by bradhusick; 17th July 2014 at 09:06.
    Brad Husick

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ray, go try the T and then give us your opinion. If you're looking for lots and lots of opinions, try other forums.
    Thank you Brad - why didn't I put it like that

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jono, nothing wrong with liking a thing of beauty. But ' beauty ' too is relative
    thing.

You ask people not to consider an imaging tool on it's imaging techs, it's sensor, it's weather sealing, it's viewing optics but on others....aesthetics, polished metal, monogram etc..they are certainly important; but are they the reason to purchase a camera.

You ask us not to compare it other cameras, in the same group, on a price/performance ratio. What other criteria? The amount of time it took to polish a metal box without weather sealing?

You ask me to put the imaging technology built into the ' T ' as of secondary importance. You want me to get caught up in a marketing hype of ' beauty ', ' menu simplicity ', lenses that are without image stabilization, no weather proofing, slow..slow, and costing what I could get a complete camera system of equivalent image quality and superbly built.

Just because you do not like Fuji's greens...but I like them. So what?

Asking me not to compare this Leica product with other equivalent products on the market insults my intelligence, if not of others.

The M is unique..a rangefinder. I would not compare it with others..there is no other like it to compare it with.

A 3 year old sensor built in a box polished by hand for 45 minutes at a price point, which to me represents the least value. I ain't a sucker for such a mediocre product at this price point. The ' brand ' in this instance is overused,overhyped,overpriced and undervalued.

This is my humble opinion. Why do you have an issue if I say so?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ray, I think we understand you will not be buying the Leica T.
    Brad Husick

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Brad, do you sport the ' T ' shirt you posted or is that an attempt at an intelligent response.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Ray, I think we understand you will not be buying the Leica T.
    My name is Rayyan. It is clearly indicated on all my posts.

But back to the subject, does my not buying the ' T ' disqualify me from commenting in this thread.

Can't one comment based on official published specs.?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jono, nothing wrong with liking a thing of beauty. But ' beauty ' too is relative
    thing.

You ask people not to consider an imaging tool on it's imaging techs, it's sensor, it's weather sealing, it's viewing optics but on others....aesthetics, polished metal, monogram etc..they are certainly important; but are they the reason to purchase a camera.

You ask us not to compare it other cameras, in the same group, on a price/performance ratio. What other criteria? The amount of time it took to polish a metal box without weather sealing?

You ask me to put the imaging technology built into the ' T ' as of secondary importance. You want me to get caught up in a marketing hype of ' beauty ', ' menu simplicity ', lenses that are without image stabilization, no weather proofing, slow..slow, and costing what I could get a complete camera system of equivalent image quality and superbly built.

Just because you do not like Fuji's greens...but I like them. So what?

Asking me not to compare this Leica product with other equivalent products on the market insults my intelligence, if not of others.

The M is unique..a rangefinder. I would not compare it with others..there is no other like it to compare it with.

A 3 year old sensor built in a box polished by hand for 45 minutes at a price point, which to me represents the least value. I ain't a sucker for such a mediocre product at this price point. The ' brand ' in this instance is overused,overhyped,overpriced and undervalued.

This is my humble opinion. Why do you have an issue if I say so?
    A little restraint would do well. Rather than calling everyone who thinks it's rather nice a 'sucker to a marketing ploy', "I don't think it's worth the money and won't buy one. I wouldn't recommend it either." would have been perfectly sufficient (if you felt you had to say anything at all, really) without disparaging other people's opinions, intentionally or not.

G

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jono, I consider paying over the odds for a product for which numerous equivalent ( even better products at lesser cost ) to be getting caught up into a marketing hype.
    But the point is whose definition of equivalent or better?

In another spot you say there is not equivalent to a rangefinder....what is the equivalent camera to the T? Is it an Oly with a zillion buttons and a menu structure that takes a zillion page manual to figure out? Not my cup of tea but others gush praise on it.

I'm not saying the T is the most amazing camera to come out but from a UI standpoint it is different enough for some people to have a serious interest.
    terry
    www.terrybanet.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I am out of this discussion.

But shall eagerly look forward to the undoubtedly numerous good folk on this forum who shall buy this nice camera and post their images.

Can't wait for Man City vs Everton match tomorrow.

Best.

Post Thanks / Like

Troll-nourishing is always a bad idea, but with only one camera actually in hand to date among the forum members, what else is there to do? I hope to see this situation change quickly.

scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What's a "troll;" someone who posts something critical in a Leica thread?

Rayyan is a good photographer, and a regular participant in GetDPI. He isn't a troll.

Post Thanks / Like

Yehh, Godfrey; I think you should buy a "T", then send me your GXR-M, I'll see that it is properly recycled

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Y.B.Hudson III View Post
    Yehh, Godfrey; I think you should buy a "T", then send me your GXR-M, I'll see that it is properly recycled
    For a suitable fee, sure. But not before I test them against one another.
    You want the X2 and the M9 too?

Need some way to fund buying the T. ;-)

G

Post Thanks / Like

Of interest when using non corrected Leica glass...

Leica T (Typ 701) First Impressions Review: Digital Photography Review

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My name is Rayyan. It is clearly indicated on all my posts.

But back to the subject, does my not buying the ' T ' disqualify me from commenting in this thread.

Can't one comment based on official published specs.?
    An old Hawaiian belief "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it". Keeps peace and happiness going, no one is insulted and life goes on. Systolic blood pressure is kept within normal limits.

This camera or any camera may not be for you but that should not be a reason to insult anyone's choice. I love Leicas and have had the opportunity to use this camera for a week and while it may not be my first choice, I will not negate the importance to others. To each their own, it is a great camera but it does not fit into my workflow and not going to spend my dollars on it. Cameras, like life partners are a personal choice and I will not publically denounce one's decision. I think that is the direction that this thread has taken.
    Al Tanabe my website https://www.altanabe.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

While you're having 'fun' here, I'm going out taking a few snaps.
    The weather is lovely today !
    Laterrr ...
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Actually after holding the lump of aluminum and then the milled shell and the camera....it is amazing how little of the camera weight is in the aluminum.
    Are you saying it shouldn't be dashed against a rock?

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i think you guys were being too hard on rayyan, and rayyan was a bit too harsh, but not entirely off base. have some grump allowance and respect that rayyan has a considerable history of valued input and imagery
    see rayyan's comments with the perspective of hasselblad Lunar comments, for example, or the various ostrich skinned Hermes titanium leicas that are really not about photography, and this is a photography forum, isn't it?

the "sucker" comment is also a tribute to a time honored marketing dogma "a sucker is born every minute" which has motivated many a marketing campaign based on hype, not content, brand name, not technical qualities.

i did go check out the T at Leica Soho, nyc, and it has some appeal, swipes on the touch screen, simplified menu/button structure, etc. but as a few have said, it is missing a few relatively simple features available on similar cameras for 1/5th the price. plus the larger lens opening and new mount begs the question of full frame to come?
    Last edited by jlm; 3rd May 2014 at 09:12.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stephengilbert View Post
    What's a "troll;" someone who posts something critical in a Leica thread?
    Not quite. A troll inserts random distractions into a discussion, then sits back to enjoy the fun without contributing much. So...

Rayyan is a good photographer, and a regular participant in GetDPI. He isn't a troll.
    Right. I owe him and the rest of us my apology for using "trolling" to describe the off-road excursions that have plagued this thread for the past day or so.

I like the style and look of the T, even though Leica's positioning of its target users makes me wait for the further evolution of its engineering innovations. There is a lot of engineering and design talent at Leica -- this shows some of it that has not yet found an outlet in the other product lines.

scott

Post Thanks / Like

Another way to look at this is to consider the design intent: Leica has stood for several things over the years, including ease of control, light and compact, flexibility (to some degree) and high quality. This is a lasting heritage from having gotten the RF concept right many many years ago. Like other companies blessed and burdened with having gotten something very right long ago, Leica has struggled for some time to figure out a new updated path. Several different answers have been tried (remember the CL?) some better than others. Without getting into the issue of "C vs. D vs M", or the R saga, the reality is that they need a way forward. A carefully redone Panasonic isn't good enough. So the T.

This is a serious Leica effort to find forward footing, with a progressive design, easy interface, and a reasonable combination of both new (simpler) lenses with the possibility of the wide world of Leica glass. This is a new mix, presented in a product they designed (yes!). The digital interface "extends" ease of use; some will like it more than others. I like simplicity and remain unsure, but lets give Leica a thumbs up on this. Seems they got it right enough.

Unfortunately, it also has some older Leica quirks: the sensor isn't anything special, and the price is … high. Seems always this way, especially in their consumer models. Perhaps software tweaks and their fine lenses are enough to give the model sufficient distinction.

All to say its a new example of something they've been trying for some time. It is done in a way not found elsewhere, and so its hard to judge. I rather like its combination of old and new. It allows casual users to enjoy the Leica experience; maybe they will enjoy changing lenses. Maybe the more casual can grow into the larger Leica system thoughtfully. It extends the brand in a new way, and that is good. Lets see what the market thinks about it.
    www.gigi-photos.com
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

On a technical issue... Leica marketing information has been claiming that since the lenses, both the zoom and 23 mm prime, are completely Leica designs, distortions are corrected optically. The intended contrast is with other "mirrorless" lenses, some highly regarded, that use software. But at least two reviewers (DP Review and Reid Reviews) and one techie (Sandy McGuffog) noticed that the DNG files contain instructions to correct for barrel distortion, and took the trouble to look at the files using tools that eliminate the correction. The result is a little scary, maybe 5% barrel distortion at the wide end of the zoom, a bit less in the prime lens.

A) From the bit that I know about image processing, this should be correctable, with no loss of information except that the true (corrected) image will always be cropped by a few percent. That's the conclusion that DPReview takes. Reid feels that some loss of quality at the edges is to be expected. Another friend whom I consulted, with considerable experience, says he has never seen this kind of correction done without costs that he won't accept.

B) This is not the first example of Leica's message to the customers getting important engineering details wrong. The executives who until the last moment told Jono and other that the T, like the X-series, had an AA filter, is another. And the M8 story is too long to include here. Sigh.

scott

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by scott kirkpatrick View Post
    On a technical issue... Leica marketing information has been claiming that since the lenses, both the zoom and 23 mm prime, are completely Leica designs, distortions are corrected optically. The intended contrast is with other "mirrorless" lenses, some highly regarded, that use software. But at least two reviewers (DP Review and Reid Reviews) and one techie (Sandy McGuffog) noticed that the DNG files contain instructions to correct for barrel distortion, and took the trouble to look at the files using tools that eliminate the correction. The result is a little scary, maybe 5% barrel distortion at the wide end of the zoom, a bit less in the prime lens.

A) From the bit that I know about image processing, this should be correctable, with no loss of information except that the true (corrected) image will always be cropped by a few percent. That's the conclusion that DPReview takes. Reid feels that some loss of quality at the edges is to be expected. Another friend whom I consulted, with considerable experience, says he has never seen this kind of correction done without costs that he won't accept.

B) This is not the first example of Leica's message to the customers getting important engineering details wrong. The executives who until the last moment told Jono and other that the T, like the X-series, had an AA filter, is another. And the M8 story is too long to include here. Sigh.

scott
    Hi There Scott
    Have you actually SEEN the claim - or was it something that someone construed from an interview? It's just that I've always known there were lens corrections, and I don't think there was any question of that being a secret.

It's so stupid to pretend there were none when it's obvious that there are that I wonder whether it was a combination of careless talk and misinterpretation in an interview. Certainly I can't believe that it was a company policy to pretend there weren't.

all the best
    Jono

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

I could not agree more with Jono! I would really like to see where Leica officially claims that there are no lens corrections done for the T lenses! I never saw this claimed by Leica, but I remember seeing such claims from other non Leica sources on the Interent. As usual

Which tells me that there are obviously ALWAYS and STILL those bad voices about Leica - even if they develop something revolutionary and new like the Leica T system. I would invite all the naysayers and Leica haters to just stay away from Leica and Leica related threads in different forums - because this makes their life much easier as well as the life from those who like what Leica is doing.

I for myself am absolutely NO LEICA FANBOY - not after all the mess I had with the R system and DMR (no follow up) and the M8 which finally made me stop using digital M cameras with all the problems I had - and I still do not use any Leica M but rather wait for a next and hopefully better and cleaner implementation from Leica.

BUT IMHO the T System finally is a great step into the right direction. Is it really the best? I do not know! Has it really the best sensor? I doubt! Is it really the fastest? No way! Does it have the best lenses? I think so at least from what I could see in my tests! And so on ....

What I think is that Leica has really done a lot of things right with the T and for me it is the sign for a big change at Leica. There will be also a modern and "cheap" in Leica terms system in the future, which concentrates and forces to concentrate on the ESSENTIALS. This is the big new message, you can like it or not but this is their future path!

I for myself like it and will sure enjoy it (ordered mine this week). I am sure a lot of other serious photographers will like it or do so already! And others just enjoy without Leica and this system and you will be perfectly happy!